Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By Ultros Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:49 am
I put together this song using the brauerizing technique using the internal submixes for compressors and reverb. the song really isn't the best and nether is my gain staging but that aside I am pretty happy with the body added and the mixing. I made this beat only using the mpc no keyboard or external gear.

In this one I used one faux FET and one VCA.

By Ultros Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:11 pm
Thanks a bunch dude. I think I figured out something neat. The "maximizer" is the FET-like plugin. Rocking it on the drums and bass focuses the bass big time. The first setting with the soft knee is what I used. Sent both bass and drums through that.
By Planemo Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:38 am
Ultros wrote:The "maximizer" is the FET-like plugin. Rocking it on the drums and bass focuses the bass big time. The first setting with the soft knee is what I used. Sent both bass and drums through that.

Awesome, I think I will have a look at that. If I could get anywhere near what you did I would be well happy :worthy:
By Ultros Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:51 am
When testing my output signal by capturing with a second card i realised i over saturated the low end. still managed to dial it back some in db but keep the thickness.

My method is really simple and it works

Using air plugins,

Submix 1: maximizer (drums, sometimes bass)
Submix 2: tube comp (bass, adds warmth but unused in this mix)
Submix 3: optical comp (whatever, unused in this mix as well, the opti gets less love from me not a big fan)
Submix 4: vca comp + reverb (both melody and lead mainly bright stuff.)

Send all your stuff through those four compressors and dial them into your liking. Don't be afraid to re-use the same compressor, if you 808 bass + drums through the maximizer and play with the volumes you can get it to start gating the kick which is a neat effect.
By Ultros Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:55 am
Ah forgot one last thing. put an air limiter on your masterbus, leave it at the init setting.