Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By sl23 Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:15 am
I know everyone probably puts their stuff here and it hardly gets listened to, but if you have the time, I would appreciate it very much if you could have a listen and tell me what needs improving.

I'm still very much an amateur, even after 25 years! It's just been an occasional hobby for me, but I'd like to get into this more.

Anyway, 3 new tracks made on the MPC Live 2 then exported to MuLab to master. I use the term loosely, as I'm still very much in the dark about many aspects of mastering.

I can't say much about genre apart from that it's electronic, techno, chilled, hardcore, don't really get the genre thing tbh! Lol

Accelerate
Alazona
EMX PrgHouse

Thanks for listening :mrgreen:
By mr_debauch Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:59 am
well it's okay, there is a lot there. I think one area you could look into is transitions.. adding sounds to introduce new song sections, drops etc... and there is heavy wet reverb on everything so it sounds a bit cloudy... maybe try and be a bit conservative on that and being a bit selective on what elements sound super wet and what doesn't so your songs have a bit more depth. you already have decently complex melodies and basslines, decent drum parts etc... but maybe with some of the things i suggested it would sound a bit more organic.. or natural. right now it sounds to me a bit like a bunch of sounds being midi triggered. not sure if any of that makes sense.
By sl23 Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:10 pm
Thanks for the great feedback. I'll take a look at the reverb, tone it down a bit. I know velocity is a thing I struggle with, maybe that would make thing less rigid? Any suggestion on how to make things more organic? I do know what you mean about sounding too 'controlled' I'm just unsure how to make it sound less so.