Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

Vote:

58%
42%

By Prah_860_ Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:38 pm
who are you battlin??...this beat sounds tight......but seems like you should've spent more time on the mixdown.....i would've liked to hear the kicks hit harder than it does.....i am not trying to play you like an beginner....just an extra set of ears!......on the other note...this track might be tough to beat...good luck to the contender
By BBasement Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:25 pm
Well heres my beat, i got a few mc's to spit something over real quick, but in any event its called KICK BACK (its classic) and remember:
EXERCISER YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE :o :o
By Prah_860_ Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:07 pm
BBasement wrote:Well heres my beat, i got a few mc's to spit something over real quick, but in any event its called KICK BACK (its classic) and remember:
EXERCISER YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE :o :o

hey.....it is called BATTLE OF THE BEATS......The Rules should also be NO VOCALS........I would vote on this but i didn't focus on it at all......instead you should've encoded the beat with your signature......I feel that it is unfair to judge yours....and BTW your man does nothing good to your track!.........good luck

By dj_evs Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:46 am
Prah_860_ wrote:who are you battlin??...this beat sounds tight......but seems like you should've spent more time on the mixdown.....i would've liked to hear the kicks hit harder than it does.....i am not trying to play you like an beginner....just an extra set of ears!......on the other note...this track might be tough to beat...good luck to the contender

Yah, as far as the mixdown, and uploading it onto my computer, I did it way last minute, and didn't upload it the usual way that I do it, so it's sounds in full stereo and sounds pretty bad. I was going to fix that, but it was early in the morning and I had to get up 5 hours. But enough of the excuses. Yah BBasement what's up with the vocals? J/K That's cool. I mean we didn't bullshit about what we could and couldn't use like the other thread on here talking about a battle. That thread was taking too long. Thanks again.

By el cannibalisto Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:21 am
djevs- nice chill sample..i like the chill back jazzy vibe, and nice switchin it up on the hook..someone could rip for days on this...

bbasement- nice sample i like the swingy guitars with the saxaphone at the tail..but i agree with the vocals, i thought it was kinda unfair since its a beat competition...one thing i didnt like was the lil changeup in the middle, i dont think it lined up well with the tempo...wasnt really feelin the mc either

my vote goes to evs
By mullethed Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:41 pm
guys both beats were cool - I was feelin both, but they sound completely different so how is it a battle??

EVS - I like the darker underground feel of your stuff - 3.30mins of the same loops though....? still dope but perhaps it needded a mc or cuts to make it truely shine - or some beatminerz stlye sounds etc. But on the whole - Nce samples used well.

BBasment - nice latin Puts style thing - swingin and swayin - definitely benefited from the addition of some vocal talent.

Maybe for next time bbasemnt could post an accapella and you both could work to that or use a particular genre of record.

just my two cents

cheers boys

m*
:D
By BBasement Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:04 pm
Nice beat evs. Again sorry about the vocals but like you said we didnt really establich any rules, but hey atleast we both steped up and didnt f@#k around. So nice beat and good job with the victory, keep it up.
Piece
Brian

By kreativ Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:14 pm
This is just a suggestion....

You should do this like the final four...
who ever wins the first round has to battle
the other group of winners...
Until you get to the final two.

my 2 cents
By bboutit Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:12 am
Both are nice, I know its not fair because of contest and all. But I like them both.................
By dj_evs Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:12 am
mullethed wrote:guys both beats were cool - I was feelin both, but they sound completely different so how is it a battle??

EVS - I like the darker underground feel of your stuff - 3.30mins of the same loops though....? still dope but perhaps it needded a mc or cuts to make it truely shine - or some beatminerz stlye sounds etc. But on the whole - Nce samples used well.

Yah, I know excuses aren't good to hear, but yes I did this very last minute and didn't allow myself to put a lot of time into putting a lot into the sounds I was using. Hopefully I can fix that nex time around.

As for Evil One saying he'll serve everyone on here. That's a joke right? Where is your stuff so we can hear it anyhow?