Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

Vote:

58%
42%

By mesh Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:09 pm
yo, evil one is no joke. hes on soundclick. but dont worry, he wont make it past the first round, i m gonna take him out on friday.

thats whats up, evil one :evil:

all trash talking aside, this is fun. nothing like a little competition ya know? good luck to all who battle and i hope everyone gains something positive from it. peace
By djames Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:18 pm
Yo both tracks were hot in my opinion.

EVS - I was feelin the keys and the laid back feel of your track, it did get a little repetiitive, but you've already heard that.

BBasement - I was feelin the Ol Skool sample kind of reminded me of some old Tribe or De La ish. The vocals sounded cool too, besides the fact that they took the listener's concentration off of the beat.

If I have to vote for one my vote is for BBasement.

Good Job though both of you guys

By Boogie Man Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:54 pm
i VOTED....

Basement gets the nod here. I liked how he put the samples together, and his kicks had punch. I liiked what EVS did too, but there wasn't much thump behind his kicks and not really any type of bass.

By mesh Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:25 pm
forgot to give a critique:

i voted for evs. i liked the chilled out sample. i agree with others in that you could freak it more, but i understand we only have a week to make a beat and that you may have not actually been able to do all you wanted. i know i wont be able to.

bbasement: your joint was nice but i was turned off by the vocals. not really feelin em. tight track though.

both of yall keep up the good work!