Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

Which beat wins the battle?

55%
45%

By DrumTek Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:11 am
Dayumn, that's a close one, I was diggin' both though. I'm gonna have to go with Mesh though, there was more variation and change ups and all the different chops came together nicely. Nice beats you 2 got there.

By Leory Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:20 pm
One for the Evil Guy... but Mesh your ish was banging too... I like dark ish so i guess I'm bias.

Leroy

By mesh Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:19 pm
well this is real tight so far. but we need votes people! this is gonna be a close one. 150 somthing views and only 9 votes? and two of em are from me and evil one. what up people? thanks for all who have voted so far and all the positive feedback. now how bout some negative feedback. those who dont like the beats or have some suggestions. lay it on us. we grown men. i dont have a super big ego! crush it. i only want to get better at making beats so let us have it.

yo evil one. nice beat dog. i will not be sad if i lose to it. very nice indeed.

keep voting!!!

By DOVESKI Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:43 pm
Relax mang. 8)

I like em both, but Mesh's had me flowing. Just a bit funkier. Could be cause I'm over dark beats. Good job folkers.
By evil one Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:04 am
what up? just got in front of a CPU since the moment i posted my beat...

peeped your work mesh, really dope shit. i voted for myself, although in this case it really comes down to personal preference...do you like the break oriented funky stuff or dark stuff....

...also, just got a chance to vote for myself! haha.

peace,
e

By butcher Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:14 am
i like that agallah style beat. i can just picture un kasa or jr writer over it

By Prah_860_ Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:03 pm
i vote for evil one.........

but, evil one...while your beat was tight it was lacking variation as said by another member...reminds me of a dj muggs beat.....real grime grime

mesh

tight ish, but you had that U.M.C. rhythm thing going on which is a little too retro for me....but every thing was tight like you dig your nose in the crate for that old school "happy" sound....def. a head nodder

both keep bangin them joints.....
By evil one Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:05 pm
yo, thanks mane for the props. i know it needed a little more variety, but i was crunched for time in finding more samples for flip ups.

By mesh Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:48 pm
alright man, if i dont get any more votes by the end of the day i will concede. guess the peeps on here are some dark muthaf*ckas!. all good. excellent battle evil one.

By Leory Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:23 pm
I think more votes are in order... this is funked up. Vote you wussies.

lol
:lol:

Be Represented.

Leroy

By dj haiez Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:36 pm
both tracks are dope,but my vote is for mesh.

By max Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:59 pm
Both beats are cool.
Maybe, Mesh's to "happy" for me, I'm more into evil one's style. Strings and drums (but not simplist, though). All I need! But that's a question af taste.
Good job.

By mesh Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:26 pm
yeah every body commenting on the beat is too happy. i just been real happy in life lately and it is coming out in my beats. the last three i have made are all pretty upbeat. but if you listen to the track i got called 'dark one' it is pretty haunting. i was in a pissy mood when that one came out the oven. i guess it is all dependent upon the mood i am in. i been happy lately. i just realized who i think my beat is like, Dee-Lite. its on some groove is in the heart type sh*t. shouldve come darker knowing i was battling evil one. maybe next time.

although i did get another vote today, so evil one, whats the stopping point here? i dont really care. i have gotten all i wanted out of this already, but it is up to you, you opened the challenge. thanks again to all who have commented and voted. word up
By evil one Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:31 pm
yo mesh-

i can't remember how long i made the polls for...i think 4 or 5 days or something, then the voting should stop.

it's interesting that we made such differing beats and how it's given people a clear choice.

again, man. good work. your beat was really dope.

By mesh Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:52 pm
right back at you dog. very nice indeed. i guess we will just wait for the poll to stop and see whats up then.

peace