Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

Choose who wins the beat battle

89%
11%
By DrumTek Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:25 am
Post up your opinions and vote for one of the beats.

Here's a beat I started a couple weeks ago but never finished, I touched it up a little today and here it is...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/drumtekmusic.htm

edited
Last edited by DrumTek on Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By dj_evs Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:39 am
if it's in MP3 format, it will take forever for me to listen. Try posting it on soundclick, where it can stream, and is easier to listen to. Maybe I'm just used to soundclick being so convenient. I'll definately check it out once the other beat is posted.

By kreativ Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:27 pm
Drumtek-
that beats was dope... It had my head noding...

let's see what El Cannibalisto brings to the table... :D
By evil one Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:58 pm
i voted for drumtek...his was more complex and flipped up. i liked how it built up.

cannibalisto...your shit was hot. dope tempo and bangin drums...but it got pretty monotonous.

both were dope.

By Nino Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:22 pm
drumtek got my vote.. shit was dope, el cannibalisto's beat, i thought might of been too repetitive.. but overall they both were dope beats

By mesh Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:45 pm
well well well

these battles are heatin up!

Drumtek got my vote due to its complexity. nice creative panning and great intro. very spacious beat.

El- your ish was def hot just not on the same page as drumteks, nah mean? but well done. needed a little bit more of an intro or something different then those chops somewhere to really put it in the same class as drumtek.

well done both of you

By djames Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:24 pm
First off both of you guys did your thing. but the overall complexity and quality of Drumtek's track was a bit tighter so he got my vote. Both had some tight beats though, good job!

By DOVESKI Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:35 am
Both were dope, both had my head noddin. But Els was just missing something, a couple of drum rolls woulda been nice, simple as that, maybe a couple of voice samples (like a "uh" or "yeah"). DrumTek just sounds like he put more time into the beat.

Vote DrumTek.

By butcher Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:09 am
both def. have ill beats. drumtek took it with more variety tho. peace

By el cannibalisto Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:18 am
word fellas...if it werent me inthis battle i woulda voted for drumtek too...that is a DOPE beat....its just too bad we were on different vibes! its all good tho! im gonna vote for myself just cuz i can!! hahah, thanks for the replies!

By DrumTek Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:08 pm
Thanks for diggin' the beat ya'll. I was feelin' your beat Cannibalisto, I could definately hear some hard hype lyrics to it. For the beat that I did I was trying to test out a new thing by sampling myself playing live bass, I guess it came out pretty straight. Thanks again to all the people that took the time to listen and vote.

Byexperimenter Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:32 am
u took that drumtek. nice **** beat. lot of variations and great sounds.

ByKarolinah Blu Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:17 pm
Yall cats is jive allright but a landslide (drumtek) has went down. Back 2 the lab Round2 ding!!!!