For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By ralphyartis' Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:53 am
I've been looking at getting one of these, just wondering if anybody here can tell me anything about it, is that touchpad it has for controlling the effects a good way to do things, it seems a little different to me, I think i would rather have knobs but it seems like it has a lot of effects to choose from, I just want something simple (i just mean not to expensive and easy to use) to tweak the samples comin out my mpc.
By EducatedHands Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:23 am
i've got one. its nice. the price is semi reasonable. it does find a place in my tracks enough that i don't think it was a purchase made in vein. i'd buy a used one cuz there's not much that could go wrong with it. i imagine it either works or it doesnt. it's pretty simple and no frills. but you can make some decent sounds come out of it for your tracks. im high. peace.
By ralphyartis' Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:18 pm
Thank you all, hey DOGlamp, you got one of these? I'll try what you suggested but what I'm looking for here is some more personal and detailed experiences with the korg pad, I know i could look it up, and I have, but what i get from that is is a bias point, after all that shit is an advertisement> just looking to hear from anybody whos not tryin to make a buck from me. Anyways thanks for the help. Anybody else?
By Electric Sheep Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:22 am
I got one for my birthday last year -- it's pretty cool and I use it pretty often; basically I got it between my turntable/mixer setup and my MPC. That way I can manipulate/filter/change the sounds I'm sampling.

It's got 100 programs and you can setup a couple of favorites. Personally, I really only seem to use about 25 of the programs.

The last 10 programs are synths; I don't use those much, but if you think you're going to do a lot of that + filtering, you might consider getting full size KAOSS pad. If you just want the synth part, check that mini KAOSSILATOR (the yellow unit).
By Electric Sheep Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:45 am
Yeah then, I think you'll be cool with the mini KP. The effects are nice to have if you want to much about with your samples and stuff. Hell I even plug it in between my keyboards and my MPC to alter the sounds I play. Works well.
By Jacob Teyyyy Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:54 pm
Hi guys,

Can you please show me how did you connected your KAOSS PAD Mini to Akai MPC so you can send sound from AKAI to KORG and then back from KORG sound comes back to AKAI with effects? Sorry I'm just a beginner, yes, I can google it but my understanding of music production world is poor that's why I need your help here :) (A photo of such connection would be great) Cheers!