All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By DSTRUCT Mon May 11, 2009 4:43 pm
As you may or may not know, Explicit and I are Executive Producing Vol 4 in our mixtape series.

We are now accepting submissions for the project.

please send submissions to our email account [email protected]

We are having this mixtape mastered by Rock Solid, so please take that into consideration when sending us tracks. I want to ask everyone to send the highest quality files as possible, ideally a wav file.

We only want complete tracks, so producers are going to have to find emcees to work with on they own.

a couple of changes-

we have dropped the word "Forums" from the title of the series. I know for a fact that calling it "MPC Mixtape" will make it easier to get other people interested in listening to it. "Forums" sounds wack.

also, we have a myspace page for the series now. Its still being constructed, but its almost done.

in the pictures section, obviously we have all the previous mixtape covers. We also want an album, with photos of the emcees and producers that have participated in the past.

So i want to ask everyone involved with this series to send us a photo, with a little info about yourself, to the above email address.

Also, if you guys perform, send us the dates of your gigs, and we will post it on the page. I think its a good thing for an outsider to go the page, and see mad gigs booked, like "damn, these dudes arent just in they bedroom making music, they hit the stage too"

so send submissions for vol 4 to the email, along with photo of yourself if you participated in the series. Also, if you want, send us the dates of your shows

[email protected]

any questions, suggestions, or comments, just let me know

BI-POLARRRRRR!!!!!!
By Explicit- Mon May 11, 2009 4:59 pm
You know wat it is... Its that time again. 8)

We prefer that we get all messages on the email account aswell because that allows me and Dstruct both to see the message and stay organized.

Unless you have a question just directed towards one of us then please do so on a PM.

Keep in mind that the faster we recieve pictures/ logos from you guys the faster the MySpace page will be up and running.
The page is intended to spread the word of the mixtape. So I highly suggest that all of you add the page and have it on your top friends. It would also be nice to have your friends add the page. Spread the word!!!

Peace
By SHWELL Mon May 11, 2009 5:39 pm
deadline?
By SHWELL Mon May 11, 2009 8:35 pm
I don't have Emcees growin on Trees herein Deltona Fl... So I am not gonna submit anything this time... But I will send a pics of my self pad tapping....
By ONE Mon May 11, 2009 8:38 pm
SHWELL wrote:I don't have Emcees growin on Trees herein Deltona Fl...

That's why I'm deciding to do my own thing, and just work on my own projects. If you guys like how mine is going to turn out, I may want to EP a volume or something if the collective is down for it.
By DJ Salty Nutts Mon May 11, 2009 9:58 pm
Cool shiz!

[quote=\"dstruction\"]We are having this mixtape mastered by Rock Solid, so please take that into consideration when sending us tracks. I want to ask everyone to send the highest quality files as possible, ideally a wav file.[/quote]

A suggestion if I may, as a consideration to Rock Solid I strongly suggest wav files as well! A lil compression of the 2 track is fine but no limiting, if you need to run your mix thru a limiter for it to sound good then you need to remix it. Peaks of about -6db would also be ideal so as to leave the mastering engineer room to work.

Lookin forward to hearin Vol. 4, Im feelin the new ideas yall got goin on
By DSTRUCT Tue May 12, 2009 12:13 am
DJ Salty Nutts wrote:Cool shiz!

[quote=\"dstruction\"]We are having this mixtape mastered by Rock Solid, so please take that into consideration when sending us tracks. I want to ask everyone to send the highest quality files as possible, ideally a wav file.

A suggestion if I may, as a consideration to Rock Solid I strongly suggest wav files as well! A lil compression of the 2 track is fine but no limiting, if you need to run your mix thru a limiter for it to sound good then you need to remix it. Peaks of about -6db would also be ideal so as to leave the mastering engineer room to work.

Lookin forward to hearin Vol. 4, Im feelin the new ideas yall got goin on[/quote]

great advice, id like participants to try and follow Saltys suggestions
By DSTRUCT Tue May 12, 2009 12:34 am
i just talked to Rock Solid

he is asking participants to make sure there is no clipping in the submissions. If you must use limiter, do not use any attenuation. Also, do not use any normalize feature.

ideally he wants 24bit/44.1 if you can.

all WAVs yo!!!!

thank you, it will make the project better!
By Explicit- Tue May 12, 2009 12:39 am
Guys keep in mind that both me and Dstruct are working on this... Please make sure to label all emails with GOOD TITLES.

If its a track submission make sure to put "Track Submission" on the email. If its pics then label it pics...

Get that work in.
Peace