For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By fawn Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:24 am
wull, fair enough. i don't have the 303 (but do have the 404 and 505) and find the 505 rounds off some of the high end, adds a bit of noise, and (to my ears) thickens some of the bass notes.

so i donno if that's warmer, but its a little more muddy, and that's a sound i like.

btw: are you the Deta!l from the sp-forum? if so, i'm fauna. if not....uh....i'm still fauna.
By jnorth Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:30 am
Thanks a lot everyone. I've decided to go with the 505. Sounds like the better choice for me in the longrun because it has more features, plus it has a screen! I can get a good one pretty cheap as well.
By Deta!L Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:03 am
fawn wrote:wull, fair enough. i don't have the 303 (but do have the 404 and 505) and find the 505 rounds off some of the high end, adds a bit of noise, and (to my ears) thickens some of the bass notes.

so i donno if that's warmer, but its a little more muddy, and that's a sound i like.

btw: are you the Deta!l from the sp-forum? if so, i'm fauna. if not....uh....i'm still fauna.

yeah man! haha, much tighter nit family over there than here...MPC forums is like a big city, SP is like a country town, haha
By BeatznBooze Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:51 pm
sp-404. that's all i have, i gave up my MPC's because i'm currently living over sea, can't afford to bring big ass machines over here.
By jnorth Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:29 pm
Waiting is a b*tch. Can't wait to get my hands on it and start messing around on it! Co'mon DHL, UPS, Royal Mail or whoever the **** is delivering it! :(
By crossings Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:05 am
i would've gone with the 303 over the 505... but that's just me. if anything, at least you'll have some effects you can use with your mpc. :D
By Joidibeats Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:09 am
crossings wrote:i would've gone with the 303 over the 505... but that's just me. if anything, at least you'll have some effects you can use with your mpc. :D

MPC + SP is really all you need.
By jnorth Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:23 pm
crossings wrote:i would've gone with the 303 over the 505... but that's just me. if anything, at least you'll have some effects you can use with your mpc. :D

I would have, but it seems to be a big bidding war whenever people see a 303. Probably all the Dilla and Stones Throw Fanboys. Seems like some cats sleep on the 505.

But i'm not regretting it! I have a screen and other things the 303 doesn't have!
By fawn Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:52 pm
Deta!L wrote:yeah man! haha, much tighter nit family over there than here...MPC forums is like a big city, SP is like a country town, haha

ha ha - yeah, seeing you on here is like running into you on a subway platform or something. "just visiting the big city...."
By fawn Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:53 pm
jnorth wrote:Waiting is a b*tch. Can't wait to get my hands on it and start messing around on it! Co'mon DHL, UPS, Royal Mail or whoever the **** is delivering it! :(

while yr waiting, i recommend tracking down a couple extra smart media cards. you'll probably want them down the road. BTW: a lesson learned: the smaller the cards, the FASTER they are for loading and stuff.
By jnorth Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:45 pm
Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead:

I still haven't got my f*cking SP 505 :evil:

Going through the whole getting a refund process via Paypal, but the seller has contacted me today giving me all these stupid excuses as well.

I was looking forward to using it as well :cry: I am well annoyed. F*cking time wasters. Oh well when i get my money back i can go shop around again
By Ill-Green Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:55 pm
The 303 and the 505 are practically the same but the 505 is more equiped with features and the sound is more pro than the 303.

You've chosen wisely.
By Leven_the_Life Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:40 am
Like the Mpc 2500? I have had a 2500 for years with no issues and I’m a rapper and hobby beat maker I guess you’d say, it’s not my main area of work but I got love it and got a decent lab. So I know or have known plenty 2500 users and have never seen one kapot or heard from friends or associates about any problem in that sense. Ya the build quality is not the 2000 or 2000xl, 60 etc... but not to where it’s shown yet. The Nukai line of Mpc isn’t the original Mpc and I have heard little complaints like that but your talking a set up built around the battery model meant for holidays and long train ride beat making throwing stones at the stable workhorse of the Nukai line IMO.
By The Jackal Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 am
Teach me your ways, necromancer. For years I have sought out a master who can show me the dark arts of resurrecting the dead.