Read the forum guidelines and post all your comments, questions and suggestions about MPC-Forums.com
By Moogens Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:33 pm
Wouldnt it be an idea if the forum had some sort of dedicated list of wishes and bugs that was easy to run through for each model. Maybe there could be a poll for each wish/bug. Each month AKAI should then receive the list, helping their update-team in their future decisions. Good for AKAI - good for us.

By DJBRIANG Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:54 pm
That is a good f!#@#ing idea

By binger0 Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:23 pm
i wish my 2kxl had a usb ad on. that is all i want akai.

By TerroristProphecy Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:38 pm
and we 1k users wish there was some of the 2kxl features lol.. shame you cant mash them both together to form a super MPC..

back to the topic.. good site suggestion.. i'd support it... it'd also save a hell of a lot of complaints in the individual forums.. not to say i want a protest forum coz im not happy with my MPC because i am.. but this is a good idea all the same.

By Moogens Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:11 pm
Yep. If I wasnt happy with my MPC I would sell it.
But I would like that suggestions for updates and bugfixes were gathered in a list and send to AKAI on a ongoing basis.
Otherwise quite a lot of the discussions in this forum is for no use at all :cry:

By chd Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:25 am
shame you cant mash them both together to form a super MPC..

LOL.well..that super mpc exists actually..ITS CALLED MPC4000.

PEACE!! :D

By TerroristProphecy Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:27 am
chd wrote:
shame you cant mash them both together to form a super MPC..

LOL.well..that super mpc exists actually..ITS CALLED MPC4000.

PEACE!! :D

urgh.. that chunky over expensive piece of sh1t? lol just kidding.. im just jealous that i cant afford it lol

sorry.. back to the topic.. MPC-Tutor? Any thoughts?
By dutch Thu May 26, 2005 3:55 am
Moogens wrote:Wouldnt it be an idea if the forum had some sort of dedicated list of wishes and bugs that was easy to run through for each model. Maybe there could be a poll for each wish/bug. Each month AKAI should then receive the list, helping their update-team in their future decisions. Good for AKAI - good for us.

Great idea cause then it would eliminate that cloging up the other sections and be a place where the akai big wigs can go directly too and see what's on our minds.
By fader-pro Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:36 pm
1. MPC 4k wish - To be able to drop samples, multis, & programs directly to the MPC hard drive without loading them into RAM first.
2. Re-write the freakin manuals - I'm glad I came into this with some MPC experience (MPC60 user since '86) and add a troubleshooting section. I really think AKAI would sell more units if they did this. The MPC is amazingly easy to use once you figure it out, but you'll get darn little help from the manuals. IT should include tutorials for each section.
3. Improve the on board fx. Both the fx themselves, routing flexibility, the resampling with fx feature, and number of simultaneous fx in use. While I love the unit, I feel the FX are kinda cheezy. Compression should be a tweakable FX on each channel from the main screen.
4. Add real-time recording of tempo changes.
5. Include an ice-maker.
By Lampdog Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:54 pm
fader-pro wrote:5. Include an ice-maker.

A nice island smoothie would benefit me greatly while beatmaking..

:D
By Yentz Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:52 pm
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet. Please please please implement a switch for the step sequencer from drums to monophon.
The step sequencer might be ok for drums (I never use it for that) but totally sucks for being used for monophonic synths or eurorack.
If there were 2 option with the second just allowing one note at at time but therefore adding parameters like note, glide and possibly some others that thing would be mad.
When using Eurorack there usually is a limited choice of sound sources with a huge bandwith of sounds each source can produce. So if I could just see each event in the pattern, select a step and set 8 different parameters individually I could get a bassdrum, a snare, a hat and some bass out of just one module (a nice option was to save step parameters or steps so you could just apply the parameters where needed.
As nice as a tr step sequencer might be - not sure about everyone else - for me it completely useless. Even when using samples I tend to pull lots of hats each on one pad, same goes for the kicks, snares, claps just to be able to skip through fast. As soon as I have to change the pad for each sound it slows my workflow and it keeps me from making a nice groove as I cant see all other elements in the pattern. The whole code is there and would just need minimal modification.
Well and if I am talking about wishes - programmable fills that can be started with a pad, groove quantize, a select all button in grid mode and if possible mouse support as either I am too clumsy (oral surgeon so this is very unlikely to be the case) or a touchscreen just sucks for most things. So yes this would be my wishlist.
The whole system is awesome, especially the sampler ist just great. Not using the plugins though. Usb audiointerface support probably is something the one will never see as it just makes the other models way less interesting. Oh and it seems thst the mpc ones are having an issue with incoming stereo with one chsnnel being less loud. A friend of mine has that and I do as well.