New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Lampdog Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:40 am
That's not at all real talk :lol:

That's, well I don't know what that is.

If you actually knew what each one was designed for then you wouldn't have to ask that question ya know.

You don't NEED a car in your life but it DRASTICALLY extends your capabilities to get places.

Read up on each and you'll know why.
By terry towelling Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:14 am
at a guess, i'd say that synching your mpc and logic would help keep your tracks all in time when you tracked out from mpc into logic.

i think you can get all your tracks into logic without synching with your mpc. that would involve resampling each track and using the usb connection to drag and drop into logic. a mate showed me, and i tried that a couple of times but got bored pretty quickly and didn't follow through. so don't know how well that works.

that's just a guess. i go straight from mixing desk into a DAT machine. i give the DAT tape to these guys who master and then press up my records. maybe they're using logic in there somehow. never bothered to ask.

how do you finish up your beats ready for pressing?
By Lampdog Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:25 am
terry towelling wrote:at a guess, i'd say that synching your mpc and logic would help keep your tracks all in time when you tracked out from mpc into logic.

i think you can get all your tracks into logic without synching with your mpc. that would involve resampling each track and using the usb connection to drag and drop into logic.

Yep.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:10 am
Actual MIDI syncing would be very useful when actively working on a song in your MPC that requires additional audio, such as vocals, scratching, guitar etc. These could be recorded into Logic and would always play back whenever you press PLAY in your MPC (or 'play' in Logic)

Syncing is also used for tracking out your MPC beats, although there is no requirement to do this with MIDI, as you can track out your MPC tracks just by hitting 'rec and play' in Logic and then manually hitting play in your MPC. You'll just need to trim the start of the resulting audio tracks.

Other than that, Logic can be used as a great sound module for your MPC.

I think I wrote a book all about this.... :)

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... -akai-mpc/
By tapedeck Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:26 pm
this could also be a classic case of misunderstanding of the term 'sync'.

'sync' to most people around here means 'make a work with b' .... with absolutely no definition of what 'work' means in that scenario. sometimes it means get output of a into b, sometimes it means control a with b, sometimes it means drag files from a to b, and occasionally, it actually means midi or time code sync. most times it's a magical combination of all of the above.

call me cynical, but it looks to me like that word gets abused and tossed around like the proverbial red-headed-step-child.
By konc3pt Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:24 pm
AkeDaniels wrote:Call me a noob
you beat me to it

Lampdog wrote:That's not at all real talk :lol:

That's, well I don't know what that is.

If you actually knew what each one was designed for then you wouldn't have to ask that question ya know.

You don't NEED a car in your life but it DRASTICALLY extends your capabilities to get places.

Read up on each and you'll know why.