Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By scoobylol Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:48 am
Oh no now we're onto Maschine killer. Only a couple of months back that was the MPC killer.

If you're an iPad owner this is a good way to get some velocity control, it's what the iUnits always needed. I've been saying that for ages now. So fair does Akai.

The Studio looks beautiful. For the right price that thing will shift. If they can undercut Maschine I think it will hurt NI sales on the back of the Akai name alone. As ever the software will be what really underpins the success.
By MeSoHordey Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:21 pm
JamesJeffery wrote:Here is the MPC Fly. Leaked images by me. Say thanks.

Nice job man! Thanks!
By scoobylol Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:46 pm
I imagine the software for the iPad will be slightly different. Personally, I'm more interested in this than the others.

In essence they've more or less nailed standalone with this product. If they'd included basic audio and MIDI connections to THIS and not the Renaissance it would have been next level.
By MeSoHordey Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:53 pm
scoobylol wrote:I imagine the software for the iPad will be slightly different. Personally, I'm more interested in this than the others.

In essence they've more or less nailed standalone with this product. If they'd included basic audio and MIDI connections to THIS and not the Renaissance it would have been next level.

i agree completely.
By b.read Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:55 pm
Yep...most intriguing one to me as well.
By JAH Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:23 pm
Is that a case that fits a control surface in the lower part and slide in an iPad in the upper?
By JamesJeffery Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:26 pm
JAH wrote:Is that a case that fits a control surface in the lower part and slide in an iPad in the upper?

I think so yeah, because of the hinges. Looks a bit like my iPad case how it slots in. Be interesting to see how this works and if it works with the Akai DAW (I assume it would).