Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Clarke Trent Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:42 am
Hi,

I recently bought an MPC 2500 of Ebay and the guy before me had bought the Ebook Beat making on the MPC 2500 and printed it out.

I must say, this book is superb and highly recommended to any MPC beginner. Id give it a 9/10! Its like a manual only in down to earth English instead of Akai geek!

The problem I am now faced with is everyone tells me JJOSXL is the way to go and your shooting yourself in the foot by having an 2500 and not having JJ.

So, do I move away from Akai OS where I have this superb book that explains everything I need to do and go into the JJOS world al alone. I have looked at the JJOS manual. Jeez, and I thought Akai was bad!!

Suppose my ultimate question is, is there going to be a Beat making on the MPC 2500 with JJOS XL Ebook anytime.
If so ill pre order today! Cant say more than that.

Gonna send the guy who wrote the book an Email and ask him direct. Suppose im just thinking out loud in this thread.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:17 am
Wow, thanks for the kind words, the cash is in the post :)

Did you just send me an email about this?I just responded, but to clarify for everyone else, I will be working on JJ 2XL tutorials asap, but I think rather than go for a huge book that could take many months to create, I will be releasing smaller micro tutorials covering the specific features people need extra help with.

At least that way, we can have stuff out there sooner rather than later!

Clarke Trent wrote:Hi,

I recently bought an MPC 2500 of Ebay and the guy before me had bought the Ebook Beat making on the MPC 2500 and printed it out.

I must say, this book is superb and highly recommended to any MPC beginner. Id give it a 9/10! Its like a manual only in down to earth English instead of Akai geek!

The problem I am now faced with is everyone tells me JJOSXL is the way to go and your shooting yourself in the foot by having an 2500 and not having JJ.

So, do I move away from Akai OS where I have this superb book that explains everything I need to do and go into the JJOS world al alone. I have looked at the JJOS manual. Jeez, and I thought Akai was bad!!

Suppose my ultimate question is, is there going to be a Beat making on the MPC 2500 with JJOS XL Ebook anytime.
If so ill pre order today! Cant say more than that.

Gonna send the guy who wrote the book an Email and ask him direct. Suppose im just thinking out loud in this thread.
By Clarke Trent Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:36 am
Hey there!

Yes, I didn't know you would be on here so sent you an Email as well.

No worries re my comment. Credit where its due. I can honestly say my experience has been made very enjoyable with your book. This wouldn't have been the case had I just had the manual. Very difficult to fault at all.

I love the idea of the micro tutorials. I suppose once you have enough of them you could combine them and make a complete book?

Ok, ill keep a look out. I think ill stick with Akai OS for the mean time though. What can I say i'm a coward :]

Thanks again!
By MPC-Tutor Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:42 am
Yes, I think the days of writing huge epic books are gone now - the 5000 book taught me that lesson, it's better to get something out there rather than having a half finished book sitting hidden on my computer. I also prefer writing the micro books as it's more focused, and as you say, they can be combined into a single book at a later date.

Learning the Akai OS first isn't a bad thing as it gives you good grounding in the basic principles of using an MPC, but remember, you can still install 2XL in your MPC and keep reverting back to the Akai OS if the 2XL is too much for you. The JJ password is remembered even if you re-flash back to Akai OS.

Or just try the trial of 2XL (no saving).

It also depends on what you want out of the MPC - you might find the Akai OS does everything you need!
By Earhacker Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:59 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:...I will be working on JJ 2XL tutorials first thing in January, but I think rather than go for a huge book that could take many months to create, I will be releasing smaller micro tutorials covering the specific features people need extra help with.

Sorry to necro this thread, but is there anything new to report on this? It's March...
By jimi Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:18 pm
I second that re the beatmaking tutorials. I wish i had discovered them years ago . I have just had a month off work with a broken toe (best thing thats happened in a long time as I have worked my way through the jjos 3.13 free version tutorials. I have also got 2xl now and I just keep booting between the two. Projects i started in the free version open in the xl version where I then use audio tracks to overdub live instruments.

I am really crap at mastering tech stuff and takes me a long time but the tutorials are wicked so hat off to mpc tutor big thanks mate.......

I think once you get past the initial learning curve things start to click and then even though the JJ manual is written in Renglish you can start to work things out. You could always try the 1000 manual for jj 3.13 as I am sure you could translate most of that between the 2500 ?

Anyways I am now jumping up to the 2500 so would also jump straight on any 2500 jjxl beatmaking tutorials.

Good luck with it all
By brasa Mon May 21, 2012 10:58 am
I would also like to join in and ask for a JJOS II XL tutorial e-book (s) for the 2500!! Can't wait for that to be available! Any updates on how far is the release date for that?
Thank you!!!
By MPC-Tutor Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:25 pm
brasa wrote:Hi there, any updates? it's September already! Please!

So much to do, lol, especially with the Renaissance out as well. Working on getting a JJOSXL book done for the end of this month - tbh, I think it's finished, and then I get some more ideas and start expanding on it. So will draw a line under it and get it out there asap.
By DJ Illustrious Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:04 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
brasa wrote:Hi there, any updates? it's September already! Please!

So much to do, lol, especially with the Renaissance out as well. Working on getting a JJOSXL book done for the end of this month - tbh, I think it's finished, and then I get some more ideas and start expanding on it. So will draw a line under it and get it out there asap.

I can't wait for this, your books are always very in-depth and informative.