Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Thu May 24, 2012 2:45 pm
Man there`s a motherlode of free kits/samples out there.Unfortunately the 500 is a finicky feline.I`m old school so I don`t deal with file conversion software and such.I wanna drag and drop and rock out.My Samsung celly plays anything I feed it,and it costs waay less than my 500.At least I can sample from the cell phone.Just ranting,sure it`s been said before.
By peterpiper Thu May 24, 2012 9:34 pm
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:Man there`s a motherlode of free kits/samples out there.Unfortunately the 500 is a finicky feline.I`m old school so I don`t deal with file conversion software and such.I wanna drag and drop and rock out.My Samsung celly plays anything I feed it,and it costs waay less than my 500.At least I can sample from the cell phone.Just ranting,sure it`s been said before.

WTF?

peace
By Lampdog Thu May 24, 2012 9:42 pm
THIS, is old school.

even older cause I've used all of these.

By Ill-Green Fri May 25, 2012 12:15 am
Drag and drop is old school?!!

Most old school cats sample vinyl and don't worry about files conversions, unless its work from old sampler that they wanna transfer over to a modern sampler.

The Beat Thang Virtual is more up your alley bud.
By JVC Fri May 25, 2012 3:00 am
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:Man there`s a motherlode of free kits/samples out there.Unfortunately the 500 is a finicky feline.I`m old school so I don`t deal with file conversion software and such.I wanna drag and drop and rock out.My Samsung celly plays anything I feed it,and it costs waay less than my 500.At least I can sample from the cell phone.Just ranting,sure it`s been said before.

I don't mean no harm, but you are not old school, if you are really old school, you would just sample thru analog input and be done with it.
You've never been with real picky eaters. For example, SP-1200 and Akai S900 don't even eat 1.4MB HD floppies, WAV files? no way! MPC-2000XL can eat WAV too, but hard to feed, compared to 500 (500 has CF reader built-in.)
MPC-500 can eat WAV files, I don't call her "finicky feline." Ms. 500 is not a picky eater!
By Lampdog Fri May 25, 2012 5:18 am
U guys may have ran the op off, lol.
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Fri May 25, 2012 1:33 pm
Welp I guess I deserve it.LOL Thanks for making me feel like the wierd uncle in the family.I know what I meant to convey.For example, the X-20 samples that were leaked in this forum do not work in my 500 when I extracted them directly via usb.It acknowledges the files yet when you hit the pads,no sound.So there!!
By Lampdog Fri May 25, 2012 7:05 pm
Just cause it says xr20 doesn't mean anything. The only thing that matter to the mpc500 is the actual file format the sounds are in. What format are they in, wav? 44/16?
By crossings Fri May 25, 2012 7:24 pm
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:Welp I guess I deserve it.LOL Thanks for making me feel like the wierd uncle in the family.I know what I meant to convey.For example, the X-20 samples that were leaked in this forum do not work in my 500 when I extracted them directly via usb.It acknowledges the files yet when you hit the pads,no sound.So there!!

did you open and decompress the RAR file first or did you just drag the RAR file to your MPC? :idea:
By crossings Fri May 25, 2012 8:05 pm
i just re-read his post... and he did mention "extracting the files"... i'm assuming he didn't assign them manually to the pads though... you gotta make a program first in order to "get sound"... please refer to your manual for the basics...
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Tue May 29, 2012 1:02 pm
did you open and decompress the RAR file first or did you just drag the RAR file to your MPC?

^^
It was a zip file.I just pressed (ctrl)and left clicked the mouse to select the files I wanted.Then I selected(EXTRACT) with the mouse to drag the files directly to the 500 via USB.Disconnect the 500 I power back up scroll the wheel,I see files I press (DO IT) it seems to go through the motions,press pads NO SOUND.I noticed I don`t experience this problem with the "inspired by Dilla"kit samples they had floating around.I`m pretty sure a solution can be found or just resample them from the celly and assign to a program.