Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By asrvegas73 Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:20 pm
HI,

acquired a 3000 and have read posts about the velocity on the pads etc.
Mine needs to be hit hard to reach full velocity. I read here that u can adjust vol velocity but all that does is have less effect on velocity even though drum is now louder.
My pads are responsive, they just need to be hit hard to achieve full levels.
Cleaning the pads sheet-mine seemed spotless. My question is should I be cleaning the underside of the sensor sheet (the sticky side) Ive only cleaned the top-it didnt seem right to rip out the glue side and clean that. Ive also applied bits of tape to the top of the sensors-no real change.
I also have an mpc 60 and its pads hit full volume easier
??
By master-ceo Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:37 pm
You will destroy the sensor sheet by Removing it. Nothing more you really can do besides use full level button when you want full velocity or buy a new sensor sheet and try that. I highly doubt a new sensor sheet will make a big difference though.
By asrvegas73 Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 pm
ok so dumb dumb that i am-or at least curious as I am.
I decided to take apart my sensor sheet-literally-it's 2 pieces fused together. I wanted to get to the circuits and clean them-I realized that it was either that or get a new one anyway so what the hell.
so now im not getting any sound-obviously i ruined the circuit.
I figured that I wanted to get the machine up to new standards and if this didnt work i'd have to get a new sensor sheet anyway.
the 3000 did not reach teh same full velocity as my standard mpc 60.
I saw someone on you tube who had no sound from his 5000 and he cut the pads on sensor sheet and it worked again...so i was just wondering how that would work andhence my experimnet
By michaelkevin Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:18 pm
Just want add to the MPC pad-sensor cleanliness internet brain that I cleaned my pad sensors last night AND IT MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

I actually got brand new pads and a new pad sensor sheet about two years ago for my MPC 3000. I've been using it a lot the last 6 months, in particular the last three weeks. I started getting wild mis-triggers a couple nights back. I thought I'd maybe been hitting the pads too hard. Or maybe I'd caused something to come loose inside. But I opened it up, and both the pad sensors and pads' bottoms were dirtier than I'd imagined. Wiped the sensors with paper towels and 91% rubbing alcohol. Cleaned the pads with water.

The response is excellent now. The response felt good before, but feels considerably better now. And, of course, no more mis-triggering.

# MPC 3000 pad sensors clean cleaning yes alcohol pad mis-trigger mis triggering sensor google god satan
By JUKE 179r Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:11 am
Just an FYI... The 3000 pad sensor sheet is the same for the 60/II, 2000, 2000XL, and 4000.
Cleaning the sensor sheet will work along with using a pencil eraser to gently clean any corrosion on the sensor's connections tab.