Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By goofylife Sun May 27, 2012 11:11 pm
Mine formatted just fine in Win7, and both read and write was ok from the computers card reader, but not on the MPC. I've probably got the first version of the mpc 1000, dont know if they changed anything in the newer ones
By madcherokee Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:07 pm
For the MPC2500 and the MPC1000, will this work?

http://www.amazon.com/44-Pin-Male-IDE-Card-Adapter/dp/B003MN1H9U

Granted, I have to find a HDM-10. The damned things are sold out in many places. Heck, if someone has the schematics, maybe we can make one ourselves. Hopefully this will work, it is easier to find the SD cards in the stores. Some places make you pay more for CF now. Okay, eBay. Yet, the hassle of returns... Thanks in advance!!

Mad Cherokee
By m:t:c Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:11 am
Just a heads up to anyone trying this mod using an adapter similar to OP's on 2500 w/ DVD-drive. After installing the mod at least on JJOS the MPC wont recognize the DVD-drive (shows just blank screen for it in load menu). Otherwise the CF-card is recognized and data transfer seems to work ok. Reverted back to normal HD.

On 1k it works properly.
By SimonInAustralia Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:05 pm
m:t:c wrote:Just a heads up to anyone trying this mod using an adapter similar to OP's on 2500 w/ DVD-drive. After installing the mod at least on JJOS the MPC wont recognize the DVD-drive (shows just blank screen for it in load menu). Otherwise the CF-card is recognized and data transfer seems to work ok. Reverted back to normal HD.

On 1k it works properly.

Did you try changing the CF reader from master (device 0) to slave (device 1), or slave to master, using the jumper on the reader?

Sounds like possibly two devices (DVD and CF) on the same IDE bus, set to the same device number.
By 8adgerX Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:05 pm
Just bagged me first mpc a 1k
I've searched read and read but does has do you guys yet have a ssd that can plug straight in? Not a card but a drive 160gb for example.
There's gotta be a list of viable options but where?

Nice site btw
By elektrik_muz Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:13 am
8adgerX wrote:There's gotta be a list of viable options but where?

Perhaps by simply doing a websearch for PATA/IDE 2.5 inch laptop SSD drive?

Not much point in going beyond 120Gb since the OS can't read or create a partition any larger than that.

EDIT: It wasn't clear to me if the poster was looking to bypass the HDM10 drive caddy/IDE adapter; If they were, the above info will not help.
Last edited by elektrik_muz on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Metatron72 Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:24 am
picalo32 wrote:Here's the only Hdm-10 i could find....................

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Akai-HDM-10-HDM ... 5647bc5b09

Way, Way over priced, there has to be a mod somewhere to mimic what the kit does??

Yeah they've been scarce for almost 3 years now. I'm always like "why am using CF cards in my 1000...oh yeah I forgot"

Being that it's Akai I think you're right, the HDM-10 has to be a relatively standardized tray part with the interface bolted on.
By Tangency Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:01 am
This looked to be be a great post. I would love to see it updated with the pictures re-linked again.

I am a new user of the 2500 (I've owned it it since 2009 :oops: but...well, life...) and have been searching the various forum faqs for info regarding RAM and physical memory upgrades. All good with the RAM upgrade - ordered! I am a bit stumped with the physical memory upgrades.

Why not just use a larger CF in the given CF slot? Is that because the firmware on the MPC only is capable of reading a CF up to a certain amount and this mod is tricking the MPC to think that an actual optical HD is being read and the MPC can support a HD up to 80-120 GBs without changing the Akai OS?
By SimonInAustralia Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:29 pm
Tangency wrote:I am a new user of the 2500 (I've owned it it since 2009 :oops: but...well, life...) and have been searching the various forum faqs for info regarding RAM and physical memory upgrades. All good with the RAM upgrade - ordered! I am a bit stumped with the physical memory upgrades.

RAM and physical memory are the same thing. Physical memory is a term that is used for RAM.

RAM is volatile memory, it is gone when the power is switched of, it is also referred to as primary memory or physical memory.

Hard disks, memory cards, floppies, etc., are non-volatile memory, it is retained when the power is switched off, it is also referred to as secondary memory.