Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JAH Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:46 am
bobbybland wrote:i also thought about just loading the sample folders to pads, but that'd be a mess. we need a more elegant solution. I think after 1.3 there will be more n more maschine users adopting to the ren.

akai seems to be on track n this is just another option to keep them rolling..

I just point the Ren's broswer to Maschine's samples folder. All the sounds are sorted per type. Then I load individual sounds to each Pad.

And it is till simple to save Machine's drum kits to folders and drag-n-drop the folder to Pad 1 of the Ren which will then load/map the samples to a program in 1.3.
By Blue Haze Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:07 pm
Airyck wrote:This would all be awesome but what about just loading Maschine VST inside the Ren? Once 1.3 comes it will be no problem to have the individual pads in Maschine receive MIDI from the keyboard and sequence the drums/instruments in the Renaissance/Studio. I personally will be doing that in the future. I have no plans to get rid of Maschine, just use it inside the Ren :)

Co sign once plugin stability comes in 1.3 hopefully maschine vst will load up directly in Ren one of the reasons I bought the Ren!
By pk1 Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:21 pm
JAH wrote:
bobbybland wrote:i also thought about just loading the sample folders to pads, but that'd be a mess. we need a more elegant solution. I think after 1.3 there will be more n more maschine users adopting to the ren.

I just point the Ren's broswer to Maschine's samples folder. All the sounds are sorted per type. Then I load individual sounds to each Pad.

And it is till simple to save Machine's drum kits to folders and drag-n-drop the folder to Pad 1 of the Ren which will then load/map the samples to a program in 1.3.

this is exactly what i planned on doing with 1.3 i really like my conant gardens
By IamDannyHoliday Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:57 am

that's exactly what i did. and using a mac it's too easy. I opened maschine stand alone and ren stand alone. i had the software screens side by side and loaded a kit i like in maschine like the dracula kit and the sound names are right there in group a sound window. so i spotlight the name of the sounds and just drag the wav file over to the ren in the exact same spot it is in the maschine. it's only 16 pads so it takes a few minutes. but then i name the program the same name as the kit in maschine and i'm good.
By bobbybland Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:00 am
Yep point it to the samples folder and load the samples, that's not what I'm talking about.. that's obviously rebuilding the kit one by one, that will work,but not what I'm asking for.. :lol:

I'm saying we need a way to load kits :-D faster, alike what Maschine can already do for Akai mpc programs.
By Blue Haze Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:16 am
Yup I have the same problem and I was doing the same pointing the directory to maschines individual folders, but I think he is saying we can drag a whole kit over from maschine to Ren when both programs are open instead of sample by sample. I'm at work now so I won't get a chance to check it out til I get back. I do agree the same as you that if and when there import maschine kits would be an nice addition.

Check and see if you can or not drag a maschine kit into Ren?
By JAH Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:47 am
bobbybland wrote:Yep point it to the samples folder and load the samples, that's not what I'm talking about.. that's obviously rebuilding the kit one by one, that will work,but not what I'm asking for.. :lol:

I'm saying we need a way to load kits :-D faster, alike what Maschine can already do for Akai mpc programs.

Akai's format has been made available for 3rd party developers since the 80s/90s. I don't believe NI has made their format available like that.
By Metatron72 Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:07 am
JAH wrote:
bobbybland wrote:Yep point it to the samples folder and load the samples, that's not what I'm talking about.. that's obviously rebuilding the kit one by one, that will work,but not what I'm asking for.. :lol:

Akai's format has been made available for 3rd party developers since the 80s/90s. I don't believe NI has made their format available like that.

No they have not. I remake the Maschine kits on hardware MPC's all the time. It's usually quick and just a matter of setting some cutoffs for the hats and then duplicate the FX of the original NI patch if I feel like it or really liked how the FX affected the kit in it's original Maschine incarnation.

Am I correct in that at first you couldn't drag 16 sounds at once to the pads from the Ren's browser? And also did I understand it correctly that you will soon be able to drop a folder of multiple sounds to the pads? Those kinds of things would make these tasks a lot quicker if workarounds are the only real option.

Like Jah said it's a proprietary format and I doubt NI would extend licensing to Akai or that Akai would even be inclined to pay. Not sure how NI handles the Kontakt format licensing/usage as many things are compatible with that. But like Akai in the 80/90's it's in NI's best interest to have the Kontakt format everywhere same as Akai didn't want to limit their libraries and by extension the MPC file formats. But this isn't as broad as that so I doubt you'll ever see direct official support for the Maschine file format.
By chopchop Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:48 pm
Does anyone have chicken systems translator?

that does just about everything but im not sure if it does maschine

you would of thought akai would push for the reading of maschine kits as they can open pgm kits so why not back and fourth or at the very least nki files directly into the mpc like a pgm would
By bobbybland Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:26 pm
Yes I own translator and nope Garth hasn't added Maschine kits to it yet, the request has been submitted..
By bobbybland Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:11 am
Nope, nothing. .
By juscelph Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:15 am
I have chicken systems full software package ( translator , constructor etc ) and extreme sample converter and will look to see what options I can find. I know with battery as an example there is a kit folder and samples in each, I just dragged and dropped onto the mpc HD and yes I load them by browsing and started making kits but everything loads fine.