Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Funkologist Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:44 am
So ever since I got my 3000 a while back I've had this problem with the floppy drive - It loads disks fine when I turn it on with a disk inserted but if I then insert another disk (while the MP is still on) it doesn't recognize that a new disk has been inserted. It still shows all the files from the original disk when I go Disk > Load.

Has anyone heard or know anything about this? I'm guessing its a faulty drive somehow? :x

peace
By Funkologist Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:30 am
viacom wrote:Are the new disks formatted by the mpc?

Yes.

Acid Mitch wrote:Alexfoxxx is having the same issue.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=163183

I have no idea what could be causing it.

Interesting... MPC 60 and zip drive though. But yeah maybe the two issues are caused by something similar. As far as I know the MPC 60 and 3000 are pretty similar tech-wise? Correct me If I'm wrong
By Funkologist Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:01 pm
alexfoxxx wrote:i will try this with my floppy drive tonight, to see if that problem as described above is also happening with my floppy drive.

Did you get around to testing this out?
By Clint Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:09 pm
You say you've had this problem "ever since" you got your MPC a while back. Do you know if the floppy drive has ever been replaced from the original model, and does the current floppy drive have any jumpers on it. What is the actual model number of your drive?

I ask because IIRC the drive/ jumper settings (DC=Disc Change) can affect whether the drive detects that a new disc has been inserted, a similar deal to the MPC60.
By Funkologist Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:06 am
clint246clint wrote:You say you've had this problem "ever since" you got your MPC a while back. Do you know if the floppy drive has ever been replaced from the original model, and does the current floppy drive have any jumpers on it. What is the actual model number of your drive?

I ask because IIRC the drive/ jumper settings (DC=Disc Change) can affect whether the drive detects that a new disc has been inserted, a similar deal to the MPC60.

It's a Teac FD-235HF 6500 - don't know if this is the original or not.

These are the jumper settings

I've been reading through the spec sheet for this particular model http://web.archive.org/web/200312110540 ... d0020a.pdf (pg. 18-24) and I've tried setting the jumpers around differently from what I could gather (I understand the MPC probably has a custom setting) but have had no luck. I think its either the jumper settings that aren't right or one of the pins on the ribbon cable is broken. If anyone else with a 3000 could maybe compare this to theirs?? Would help rule out what the problem is. Any help is much appreciated :-D

peace
By SimonInAustralia Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:11 am
My MPC3000LE has a Teac FD-235HF 8500.

Since it is a slightly different model, not sure if the jumper positions are the same.

The jumpers on mine, on the large A-G/1-3 black jumper block, are exactly the same as yours.

The separate jumper at the top left, just next to the large black jumper block, is oriented vertically on mine rather than horizontally like yours, but I it looks like that is just a difference between the models as there are no other pins for that jumper to connect to.
By alexfoxxx Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:47 pm
sorry.had a flue last week,

i did some research, and my xp desktop wasn't working proper anymore..
now i've copped another desktop with XP, put my mpc editor / recycle on it and everything works fine now.

when i first load a program (drums in my 60, i can switch zipdisk, even if they have a different number of partitions on it.

cheers, Alex
By Funkologist Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:27 am
Sounds like it could be faulty cable then - cheers for taking a look Simon :)
Gonna try source down another and see if that does the trick.

peace
By Shostakovich Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:14 pm
Funkologist wrote:So ever since I got my 3000 a while back I've had this problem with the floppy drive - It loads disks fine when I turn it on with a disk inserted but if I then insert another disk (while the MP is still on) it doesn't recognize that a new disk has been inserted. It still shows all the files from the original disk when I go Disk > Load.

Has anyone heard or know anything about this? I'm guessing its a faulty drive somehow? :x

peace

OS version?
By Funkologist Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:50 am
Shostakovich wrote:
Funkologist wrote:So ever since I got my 3000 a while back I've had this problem with the floppy drive - It loads disks fine when I turn it on with a disk inserted but if I then insert another disk (while the MP is still on) it doesn't recognize that a new disk has been inserted. It still shows all the files from the original disk when I go Disk > Load.

peace

OS version?