Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By grinchmob Tue May 07, 2013 3:35 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
grinchmob wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Okay, just spent a few minutes on this in MPC Software 1.3.1 and yes, if you follow the Ansolas' instructions at the start of this topic, you can run the vintage mode emulations just like any other VST effect, in both MPC Studio and MPC Ren. I cannot see any limitations here, you can run all 4 at once.

Just make sure you scan your plugins and restart the app and all four will be available.

Only Sp12 45 is showing up for me on Windows7. Has anyone else tried on windows :hmmm:

What I did was put MPC 3000, MPC 60, and SP1200 in my VST folder. Rescanned. Then close the software. Reopen the software and they showed up. Then I added SP1200 Ring into the VST folder and scanned again. Then closed the software and reopened it. Now they all show up!

Edit: I found that simply adding all four at the same time and just doing a scan new, close software, and relaunch works. No need to do Ring mode separately. Closing the software after scanning and relaunching seems to be the trick!

This worked perfect, thanks again.
By MaZe Tue May 07, 2013 8:24 pm
e9000k wrote:yes, I installed the Demo and use it with my Studio, the VST files were there and are fully working :popcorn:

Wait, the emulations that were "unavailable" to Studio users were there this whole time?
By xparis001 Wed May 08, 2013 2:21 pm
our plan was eventually to allow vintage mode on individual tracks, but since this is untested, your mileage may vary. Also, as you see, there's no GUI as yet. we're looking at implementing this fully soon.
By peterpiper Wed May 08, 2013 6:58 pm
Haha. Now thats dope. Thank you for publish this info AnSolas.

Next step to do:
copy the files to your Cubase, Reaper, whatever VST folder
renaming them with the extention .dll
Run Cubase, Reaper, whatever
rescan VST folder
use the vintage modes in Cubase, Reaper whatever

just a thought
:)

peace
By 83dude Wed May 08, 2013 8:38 pm
Nice one! I'll fiddle around with these this week.
Thanks!