MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By pcpat Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:49 pm
Using MPC REN with 1.4 Update Version
Cannot use my VST Instruments and effects.
I have uploaded them several times and rescanned into the preferences / plugins section but it does not work.

Using Windwos 7 / 64 BIT

Thanks for your help.
By Rokgod Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:25 pm
highcaliba wrote:For some reason my 1.4 crashes after I close out the program on almost every attempt.. Even when I don't have any plugins open.

This happens to me also sometimes.^ Especially when using plugins

I also have a problem, or bug maybe. When I try to save a project where I've made a beat using 3 or 4 vstplugins, when I save the project, and load it back up again, for some reason it's as if my last 10 or 15 saves were not saved, so I basically lost the beat, or most of it.

So when it opens up its my project after I've already saved, and load again its like my last actions werent saved, I'm missing the last two plug ins I inserted on 2 tracks and 2 sequences are missing. Also the sequence was reverted back to an old sequence from when I had saved the project hours earlier. Save function is acting a little funny for me.

Also, I pressed undo once and it stepped back so far that I lost a whole pattern on one track, and the last track I was working on. The vst instrument changed presets and also the pattern changed to something I had deleted like 5 minutes prior. So undo is definitely still a mess.

And saving a project, sometimes it saves properly, but it stops saving after a while even if it says it saved. It will load back up and bring you back to a prior state way way before the last actual time you saved in that project.

mac 10.8.3
By JAH Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:54 am
InspectahEX wrote:Also, I pressed undo once and it stepped back so far that I lost a whole pattern on one track, and the last track I was working on.

Pressing undo will erase all events you just recorded...not one event at a time. If you record multiple tracks without stopping the sequencer and then press [Undo]...all the tracks will be erased.
By mikecevaz Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:06 am
MAC OSX 10.7.5
MPC STUDIO

MPC STUDIO Freezes when tweaking FOCUSRITE SCARLETT EQ PLUGIN while hitting the pad to hear the sample's changes.
Last edited by mikecevaz on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By mikecevaz Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:40 am
MAC OSX 10.7.5
MPC STUDIO

I shut down the program, kept the MPC Studio ON.
Restarted the MPC Software.
The MPC Software doesn't detect the MPC Hardware.

Hardware could not be detected.
By mikecevaz Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:48 am
MAC OSX 10.7.5
MPC STUDIO

Ok so here's what ALWAYS happens..

When I open my last saved project, I have to open it TWICE in order for it to load all the samples. Double-clicking on my project file "my project 1.xpj" should open up my project with all the samples loaded, but it doesn't load anything but just the plain software. I have to double-click a 2nd time - pretty much opening the project 2 times..

1. double-click on "my project 1.xpj"
2. it opens MPC software
3. nothing loads.. just an empty template!

I have to double-click on "my project 1.xpj" again for it to finally load my saved project.

This happens both:
A. when I open my last project from my desktop
B. when the MPC Software already opened.

:hmmm:
By QuickStrike Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:22 pm
Ok i found some bugs using Ren on Mac 10.6.8. /32bit software mode.

1. When in prog edit mode click sample tab then move to Semi adjust and fine tune. try to Manually enter digits via the number pad. It always inputs the wrong numbers

2. When in sample edit mode using the 1x qlink to do fine edits on small samples (under 1 sec) makes the edit adjustment move very ruff or stuttering type movements.
By third Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:20 am
i'm not sure if this is a glitch but when you copy and paste track the midi notes can go anywhere on the scale of the grid. also it was easier in earlier versions to keep the line that marks where the time is in the same place when shifting tracks instead of going back to the start of the song. the midi notes don't copy and paste well as it is so keeping the marker where i moved it was a good thing (too confusing? my bad, this does however need to be addressed.
By third Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:27 am
the Trillian plug in still does not work correctly. the volume still goes all the way up when i close the plug in! come on AKAI, you said this issue was addressed but it's not.
mac mountain lion late 2011 macbook pro i7 sandy bridge 2.2
By AnSolas Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:49 pm
third wrote:the program randomly crashes sometimes when i'm in the sample edit mode, switching through to chop..

same here !
By AnSolas Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:43 pm
Delete Unused Samples will only preserve DRUM Samples:
Code: Select allDelete Unused Samples will only preserve samples which are mapped to a DRUM Program. For example when you load a sample into a Keygroup but, NOT have mapped it to a DRUM program, the samples will be deleted!
[size=50]What the #heck# are your beta 'testers' doing,so that they don't find such obvious BUGs[/size]

Keygroup which contain Filters and enabled oneshot playback mode are CPU Hogs:
Code: Select allTry it yourself:
http://78.47.126.11/akai/KeygroupsAreBroken.zip

Not Working:

Code: Select allKeygroup -> WHL > LFO
(this knob is only decoration)

Keygroup -> AFT > FLT
(this knob is only decoration)

MIDI Clock sending

MUTE/SOLO Hardware / GUI not synced.
(confusing... if you like to use the mouse and the hardware to solo or mute tracks)

WINDOW/FULL SCREEN not activate-able by double-click
(inconsistent?)

16th Level -> Decay Envelope Mode AD end