MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Fanu Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:26 am
I'd like this to be user-definable, to be either on/off.

There are moments when I want to look at this certain spot in my song and not have the focus follow the playhead, but then again there's moments when i definitely want to see the song as it proceeds (for example, sometimes i play beats with no quantization, and then i let the song play and listen and decide what notes i want to nudge so i do that as the song proceeds; i can't do that as it is).
By TT_Lab Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:08 am
Up right corner. there is a simbol like return that you can change to an straight arrow.

By Fanu Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:55 pm
Actually that's not the behavior i mean.

i mean, if you're zoomed in so much that you're seeing one bar.
you hit play.
as soon as the playhead leaves the area you're seeing, sometimes the view updates to show the area where the playhead goes - and this is not scrolling behavior.
it's more like a jump.
and, sometimes it doesn't happen.
and i can't figure out the logic.

even this very moment, im working on a song, and clicking that arrow doesn't change the fact that every time the playhead leaves the 1-bar area i'm viewing, the view updates to show the area where the playhead currently is.
By TT_Lab Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:05 am
Ah ok, sorry I misunderstood.
The behaviour I can see in my computer is as follws:
When the symbol in the image is like that it jumps when the playhead arrives the end of the screen and if it is in the straight arrow symbol when the playhead arrives to the center of the screen the screen starts moving.
But when I touch by any means the zoom or the scroll bar the playhead following in both cases stops untill I stop the playing and start it again from the begining.
Hope that helps, I did't find any other settings for this thingy!
Cheers
By Airyck Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:22 pm
So to simplify what you are saying.

You'd like to be able to turn the follow function on or off instead of always on like it is currently?
By Fanu Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:21 am
Airyck wrote:So to simplify what you are saying.

You'd like to be able to turn the follow function on or off instead of always on like it is currently?

Yes. Now it's irrational.
By JAH Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:21 am
Currently, the MPC Software has two scroll modes...Page and Scroll. One mode makdes the grd display 'turn over' to follow song position marker. The other mode centers the song position marker while the sequencer grid scrolls in the background.

Both of these seem pretty logical to me.

So basically what you want is an option to turn them both off so that there is no scrolling what so ever?