Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:53 pm
Get the sample here
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/4243738/file.html

Dead Girl by Acidbath.

1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group on SoundCloud: MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles
2) Upload the beat to your own Soundcloud page
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. MPCBB#39. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button,

Use whatever you want, go all out. But don't cover the sample
Cut's, Scratches, small children, pet's.

Deadline- August 6th.
By GoofyGutt Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:31 pm
Jeezez, 5 download buttons? Wich one won't give me a virus?
By inflict3 Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:21 am
steers and queers muhfukkaz!!! :popcorn:
By saadyah tz▾i Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:36 am
not feelin this sample.. ill be back when i hear some soul =D
but have fun flippin it yall ima take a listen to see what could be made of this by the fam!

peace
By mattman121775 Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:54 pm
saadyah tz▾i wrote:not feelin this sample.. ill be back when i hear some soul =D
but have fun flippin it yall ima take a listen to see what could be made of this by the fam!

peace

I'm with saadyah here. Not the most inspiring sample.
I might give it a shot, and see what I come up with.
This is a difficult sample to approach.
By Dom Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:28 pm
I added mine to the group. I'm not too happy with it, but it's a good reason for me to learn more and practice.

Criticism and comments welcomed.

Cheers,
By HUNGRYMAN Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:52 am
That sample has plenty of soul. It's just not the bright and pretty soul your used to. It's focused around death, which is an interesting topic that has a lot to do with souls, and whether you like it or not we all are gonna be dead one day. Haha! I figured a lot of folks wouldn't like it. Just like I couldn't stand flipping "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" over at the STBB last week (a top 10 song that has probably been in 20 movies and is as common as sliced bread in the states), but did it just to see what I could make of it. There was plenty of raw acoustic guitar on this track to chop and it was an open battle, so you could have included any outside samples/instruments as you liked. I was hoping Opin would have dropped a sample also, to contrast thist dark, weird track.

No hard feelings, I got a lot of respect for cats in these battles, but 9 outta 10 are gonna post a well-known sample that has been used multiple times, just because they recently discovered it. I'll always try drop a non-mp3 sourced, non-sampled, unknown track. And don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone, there is a lot of room to grow out there. A whole lot... and isn't that the point of a contest/battle?

Yall be good! :popcorn:

P.S. I brought my catapult this time.
https://soundcloud.com/hungrym4n/97-pou ... sh-mpcbb40
By mattman121775 Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:52 pm
HUNGRYMAN wrote:That sample has plenty of soul. It's just not the bright and pretty soul your used to. It's focused around death, which is an interesting topic that has a lot to do with souls, and whether you like it or not we all are gonna be dead one day. Haha! I figured a lot of folks wouldn't like it. Just like I couldn't stand flipping "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" over at the STBB last week (a top 10 song that has probably been in 20 movies and is as common as sliced bread in the states), but did it just to see what I could make of it. There was plenty of raw acoustic guitar on this track to chop and it was an open battle, so you could have included any outside samples/instruments as you liked. I was hoping Opin would have dropped a sample also, to contrast thist dark, weird track.

No hard feelings, I got a lot of respect for cats in these battles, but 9 outta 10 are gonna post a well-known sample that has been used multiple times, just because they recently discovered it. I'll always try drop a non-mp3 sourced, non-sampled, unknown track. And don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone, there is a lot of room to grow out there. A whole lot... and isn't that the point of a contest/battle?

Yall be good! :popcorn:

P.S. I brought my catapult this time.
https://soundcloud.com/hungrym4n/97-pou ... sh-mpcbb40

I agree about the aint no mountin high enough sample.
That's an incredibly played out sample.
I did make a beat with the sample you posted, but too late.
It did not jump out at me, and sometimes I pass on those types of songs, or in this case I waited until too late to do the beat.
It is a very workable sample as it turned out.
Your beat was an excellent example.
By HUNGRYMAN Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:04 am
@mattman - Hey, at least you gave it a shot. I understand everyone has there own personal likes. It's been more than a few times, that I flipped a sample I couldn't stand and turned it into something I liked. But i guess it one of those things, that you don't know until you try.