Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By peeping tom Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:47 am
have you accidently turned sound outputs to 1/2 or 3/4 while in there editing mutes groups?

Nothing to do with having note on or anything?

Have you renamed your sample since having it loaded in your program?
By STAXS Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:51 am
I was just recording by muting with the pads, its not a note on or off issue
By SimonInAustralia Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:19 am
I would check the Master Gain setting, make sure it is up around 0...
[MODE]+PAD10(OTHER) =>F1[GLOBAL]

Then I would make sure the metronome is set correctly, to see if I can get playback from the metronome, without any pads/samples/programs/etc. involved.

Check the F2/CLICK screen, make sure metronome is set to playback in both record and play, is turned on for both, is set to stereo out, has metronome sounds assigned, and are at full level.

If you can't get any sound out of any outputs, maybe there is a problem with the AD/DA board inside it, or it's connections.

Maybe try reseating all internal cables connected to the AD/DA board and front volume pot.

If still nothing, maybe it needs to go in for repair, maybe the power on mute circuit is not unmuting?
By STAXS Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:21 am
Checked all of thee above.....thanks everyone for their help shipping out for repairs in a few days
By peeping tom Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:12 am
STAXS wrote:I was just recording by muting with the pads, its not a note on or off issue

no but you can record your mutes in the "track mute" window, it is possible to record with all of them muted and this would result in no sound. though you would get sound when hitting the pads.

Send it off haha
By STAXS Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:59 am
This happened before I recorded the mutes I was just muting while sequence was playing, I never had to chance to record the mutes
By WaverTapes Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:58 am
Hi STAXS,

I'm having the same problem. 1000 was fine, turned it on and no sound.

I went through the thread and checked everything that was mentioned, still no sound.

STAXS - did you ever get your working?