For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By sciguy Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:57 am
//OP edited his post, the following, from my original reply, is no longer relevant
like, how small? you've given us no bounds on suggestions to make.
BUY 17 MINIMOOG VOYAGER XL's
also
EVERY TB-303 IN EXISTENCE
also
FIVE HUNDRED 24K GOLD-PLATED STYLOPHONES
Last edited by sciguy on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By T-Virus Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:28 pm
Sorry for being so vague. I'm looking into maybe something from Boomstar or Pittsburgh synths. Maybe a Moog. I don't have a lot of space so I'm kind of looking at desktop or modular. I'm looking to spend around 1-3 Gs. My question is what do you guys have experience with.
By T-Virus Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:15 am
Dabblerobb wrote:
T-Virus wrote:Anyone had experience with Elektron boxes?

I've owned an octatrack and a analog 4

What did you think? I've herd mixed reviews. Something about the knobs. I'm open to any synth suggestions. Analog or digital.
By Dabblerobb Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:02 pm
I liked the octatrack and want very impressed with the analog 4. The octatrack is a pain to sample into. I found that sampling and looping up was easier to do in ableton then throw on the OT flash card.

If I had 3k to spend I'd get a propet 8 desktop and a virus ti2 desktop used
By T-Virus Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:59 pm
Dabblerobb wrote:I liked the octatrack and want very impressed with the analog 4. The octatrack is a pain to sample into. I found that sampling and looping up was easier to do in ableton then throw on the OT flash card.

If I had 3k to spend I'd get a propet 8 desktop and a virus ti2 desktop used

Thanks. I was looking at the Prophet 12 Module, I just wish it had more knobs. And the virus line looks bad a$$. I'm considering a Moog sub 37. Idk still looking.
By Coz Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:47 am
T-Virus wrote:I'm considering a Moog sub 37. Idk still looking.

The forthcoming MFB Dominion 1 is worth considering.

By medearis Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:48 pm
I've owned every Elektron unit, minus the Sid Station. Absolutely wonderful machines.

A lot of people tend to feel that the OctaTrack is laid out strange but that is because it does a lot more than "just sample". The MonoMachine is a kick a$$ synthesizer - but I've just never been able to pull anything "nice" out of it. Quite a lot of community support over at "Elektronauts.com".

The MachineDrum is my all-time favorite electronic instrument/groovebox. If you have any more specific questions about the machines you can always PM me. Throwing that out there.

Word!
By JUKE 179r Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:17 am
Coz wrote:
T-Virus wrote:I'm considering a Moog sub 37. Idk still looking.

The forthcoming MFB Dominion 1 is worth considering.

My… gear… lust… is… kicking… in…

again...
By T-Virus Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:34 pm
Mr.Chrisgalactic wrote:I have the Subphatty and I love it

Is it as big as it looks?
I've been interested in the Sub Phatty to moument I seen it. I was thinking that of the Sub 37 but it might be to big. I just wish Moog would make more desktop synths. The Boomstar synths look sick. Maybe get two of them.
By godxbOmb Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:02 pm
Sounds like you need an MS-20 mini