MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By L13 Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:14 pm
hey guys,
i just bought an mpc 5000 cheap and in good cosmetic condition from GC
upon startup the unit has a blank blue screen
wtf?
i bought and paid for a 2 year service contract
aside from sending it back or bringing it to an authorized dealer is there anything i can do to remedy this on the quick ?
thanks in advance!

Image[/url][/img]
By Braindead Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:05 pm
2 reason can made a blanck screen
1- os failled , just try to reload the os
2- power pcb had burning component like capacitor , look at the screen beetwin pin 1(yellow wire) and pin 7 the voltage normally you find -16volt, if you don’t find this look tbe power pcb the capacitor and the soldering point from the pink resistor if there are burning
The problem with the power pcb it’s from haec companny and it’s impossible to find the shematic for the power pcb and impossible to buy a new part!!
So 3 solution . You find a broken mpc on the market with this part ok and change it , find a tv electronician who can fix your pcb , or you buy componnent who die and fix it yourself
By Sym42 Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:35 pm
Hi there I see that you had a problem with your mpc 5000 with the blank blue screen, I'm having the same issue, I've tried turning off the machine while holding down the 2 and 3 button but nothing happens and also did the holding down the erase button down but still nothing, did you manage to get yours working again , it did happen to me before and it come back on , but this time nothing seems to work, before it happened it froze up on me and got a error message