Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By Ill-Green Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:39 am
Yeah, I heard about these circles, Metatron 72 is member to a few but you gotta have a legit contact like Ian said. Its like some fight club type shit where they approach you not the other way around.

Good thing is that most of these clubs are on facebook groups. Start making friends.
By reeloy Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:58 am
...making the hottest beats and making money from just that...?

hmmmm, those days are long gone....

as long you don't produce complete acts and keep a hand on them, you just make pennies....

the only things that still make money in the biz, are the piece of paper you wrote a song on/or at least dropped some lines..... and live shows....that's it....

selling nothing but a beat/basic track is hopeless, really.....
selling song content, still works.....

even the big players only make real bucks with 360 deals.....you can't count on sales....

so you better know how to design and create a whole act, be such an act or have the skills to produce complete music on special demands in short time....

like music for pictures....music for comercials....music for events....music for shows....

but wait a second.....you can grab a bag of bucks if you made hundreds of cool tracks and someone like lady gaga is suddenly asking you to produce her next, save my ass album....
but even she won't sell that record though, but her ass end of the day.....
By inthemix Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:28 pm
Write original material, sans samples ( in general ), play and performing it also helps.

Original music is always wanted and needed.
By Metatron72 Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:25 pm
Nah Ill Green that wasn't me. We did discuss placements and doing non sampled joints recently in general though.

Last money I made of having gear was renting whole nights of studio time to friends for like $40 and a bottle of Henny. :lol: