Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Nicktawil Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:29 am
Shostakovich wrote:
epps wrote:anyone know the easiest way of finding out the tempo of an acapella? or a sample for that matter

Count the number of beats in 15 seconds and multiply that figure by 4.

weird, I do the same thing, except I count the beats in 6 seconds and multiply it by 10. got the idea for it at the doctor's office when the nurse was taking my pulse.
By Menco Wed May 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Lot of good tips, quite cheap.

I also use this with Logic:

Small but very efficient. Especially when you do a lot of recording. Adjust volumes, mute, solo and arm tracks on the fly. Plus some transport buttons. Time saver! Can recommend anybody to get some kind of a controller with it.
By séance Sun May 11, 2014 2:08 am
Here's a hotkey configuration I use which is useful at times for chopping samples.

[ = Rewind by Transient
] = Forward By Transient
/ = Slice at Playhead

I find chopping samples in the arrange area and then having them automatically mapped into the ESX24 via the "Command - E" function to be much more efficient then manually assigning samples in the ESX24.

By Eazy-C Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:21 pm
Has anybody got any idea on how to get the MPC studio black and logic pro x to work together. I have been trying to get the to work together but running out of idea's.
For some reason the pads to not correspond to the keys they should match to, so with plugin's like the exs24 and serato sample don't seem to work correctly.
Can anybody give me any idea's on how to sort it??
By Monotremata Thu May 30, 2019 6:17 am
Eazy-C wrote:Has anybody got any idea on how to get the MPC studio black and logic pro x to work together. I have been trying to get the to work together but running out of idea's.
For some reason the pads to not correspond to the keys they should match to, so with plugin's like the exs24 and serato sample don't seem to work correctly.
Can anybody give me any idea's on how to sort it??

The MPC has a really weird mapping with drum programs. Has something to do with the original Linn Drum or something like that, I don't get it. In the MPC Software, if you click on the arrow after all the Mode icons, one of the last options on the list should be MIDI Control mode. Go there and it will allow you to either set it to the default MPC mappings, or you can set it to controller mode where it will map chromatically and you can use it as a generic MIDI controller in Logic.