Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By The Invisible Men Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:02 am
I am using the MPC Ren as a VST In Cubase and my problem is one that I think others are running into. YOU CANT SAMPLE INTO THE MPC! At least not using this setup! You have to use some foolish "KILL MY WORKFLOW" Work around.
I have been trying to get this through to AKAI since the inception of this software but not sure that they are listening.
You can do this in Logic with the use of "Side Chaining" and Maschine also.
Why is it that you cannot sample in a software that boasted that it would be able to do all that it's predecessor could do and more? Am I correct in saying that Sampling is a basic or should be a basic feature in a Sampling Workstation?
How many of us out there are using Cubase and the MPC Ren together in this way?
By pull-over Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:39 am
it s Not ppossible. the only option would be if they implement something like geist have it s called splitter. with splitter you can route audio into geist.
I m not using much the plugin version.I start in standalone and export then as audio export into cubase.
By Patrick Dee Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:49 am
I dont use MPC Vst in Cubase....because of some limitations...for example...no wave drag and drop like Maschine has or to open the MPC software to use the Ren as universal midi controller....meanwhile I use Cubase Groove Agents SE Sampler with the Maschine Controller and it works like a charme...I can do sampling, slicing editing. Audio Warp and a lot more in Cubase or in Groove Agent SE......
By chambeau Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:20 am
I feel the same way. My workaround is that I run the output of the Ren into a 8i6 Scarlett interface. Then run it back into the Ren. You can sample anything you want then and you get the added benefit of having a master volume control (the volume on the Ren) for your DAW. But yeah, it requires a second sound card :(
By Eyalc Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:44 pm
Using the MPC as a plugin is very limited IMO, whether you're using it in Cubase, ProTools or Logic. Been talking about it for a while now. It needs attention. There are more than a few enhancements / fixes / improvements that need to be implemented to make it useful in plugin mode. For now though, it's half-baked.

I'm hoping that plugin mode isn't low on the priority list, but might be because of the other DAW-like features that get tons of requests. Which I still feel is :WTF: . Even appears to be lower priority than this expansion builder thing they put into 1.7.2, which I still feel is :hmmm: , because IMO unlike plugin mode isn't an essential feature to software usability.

Hoping what you're trying to do in plugin mode may actually be possible one day, because I'd use that capability as well. But I'm not optimistic we'll ever see plugin mode updated to where it needs to be, and should be.
By 83dude Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:23 pm
Restrict to using MPC and (insert random DAW here) in sync when clocked. Problem solved.
By mastasteez Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:01 pm
83dude wrote:Restrict to using MPC and (insert random DAW here) in sync when clocked. Problem solved.

Hello 83dude. A little off topic but how was Yosemite for your set up when you upgraded? I only have a crappy Tascam US144 interface but it's no longer recognisable since Yosemite upgrade.
By 83dude Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:10 pm
mastasteez wrote:
83dude wrote:Restrict to using MPC and (insert random DAW here) in sync when clocked. Problem solved.

Hello 83dude. A little off topic but how was Yosemite for your set up when you upgraded? I only have a crappy Tascam US144 interface but it's no longer recognisable since Yosemite upgrade.

No problems. I waited for the relevant manufacturers to give their go - although I tried it a bit headless on the MB Pro. Actually no flaw so far in my actual setup. But when I purchased my Focusrite Forte I actually considered getting the TASCAM US 144, but read they had major problems with OSX Mavericks already, so I was put off by that in first place. TASCAM (as far as I know) still struggles getting drivers up to date, but upgrading your interface would be a really good choice now, since most of the older ones use older chip architecture, too.

Sorry, but that's one of the drawbacks from the digital world: Upgrade often or be left out of the loop. I know the US144 is a rather fine piece of craftsmanship, but you should soon update that, if TASCAM's still sloppy with providing updates to their existing hardware.
It hurts to say that, but that's the way it is... :WTF: