MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By mobetta518 Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:22 pm
Please let us play the virtual keyboard while inside of a plugin screen. Now you have to click outside of a plug-in to use the virtual keyboard and audition a sound.

Other than that, more intuitive arrangement view, with standard-DAW copy, cut, paste features, and more easily duplicating bars, etc, from software.

Oh, and choosing plugins to drag and drop from left browser(is this possible now?)
By wilcofan Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:52 pm
MPC as a PLUGIN
New preference option:

Transport
1. DAW
2. Plugin
3. DAW play/stop, Plugin rec/overdub

This third option would be for those who like to treat the plugin as a drum machine/sampler inside the DAW. But still want to be able to use ALL the transport buttons.

With the current options, no matter what, you lose a button.
By QuickStrike Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:34 am
:roll: :roll: :roll: For the sake of time, could you akai ad shift plus q link trim for faster trim speeds. for the case when dealing with long samples. the trim speed is so slow when skimming 8 min samples or longer.
By pituchez Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:02 am
QuickStrike wrote::roll: :roll: :roll: For the sake of time, could you akai ad shift plus q link trim for faster trim speeds. for the case when dealing with long samples. the trim speed is so slow when skimming 8 min samples or longer.

+10 on this

also..before i pester peatyfile about this..

this is a bug/glitch..
but when i click solo on the software it does not mark it in the hardware..which is annoying cuz then i click on solo in hardware and it wont take it off
By Fanu Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:59 am

Reverse/alternating loop, please.
That's one of the very few somewhat major (to me) requests I have left regarding the development of the MPC Ren.

I actually did a video to demonstrate why it's important.
By TT_Lab Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:04 pm
I'd love this...It has been asked before, eventhou I would use it more for samples than for drums but is one thing I am waiting too..
By andreat668 Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:08 am
i dig the alternate/ping pong loop!!!

what is even more important IMHO is to having a dedicate envelope for pitch as one shot trigger and can set at +/- 48 semitones.
having one which has AHD at least, i would suggest copy carbon the filter/amp envelope which works great!

specially for kicks and snares this is fundamental...really...
By Der Ichling Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:26 pm
wilcofan wrote:MPC as a PLUGIN
New preference option:

Transport
1. DAW
2. Plugin
3. DAW play/stop, Plugin rec/overdub

This third option would be for those who like to treat the plugin as a drum machine/sampler inside the DAW. But still want to be able to use ALL the transport buttons.

With the current options, no matter what, you lose a button.

Yeah that transport suggestion is good!
By mpc3x Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:14 pm
I don't know if anyone's said this before, but I'd love a key combination that could either adjust the brightness of the LCD or switch it off.

I have one audio interface and the Ren and I can only plug the speakers into one. The latency with the Ren sound card is way lower so I'd prefer to just use the Ren's sound card when I'm not doing a full mix session. The problem is it just has to sit there with the MPC logo on full brightness all day, and having a firmware update where it could be either dimmed or switched off would really help the longevity of the controller in the long run. It could be something like WINDOW + Data Wheel or something. I can't imagine it would be incredibly difficult considering there's a key combo to adjust contrast.

Just a thought in case anyone in power reads this! :-D
By Ken Florence Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:26 pm
Allow your midi keyboard the option to access the mpcs chord functionality :worthy:
Also drag and drop on midi audio to a track within any given daw which would make the vast plugin way more useful!
By Rodean Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:03 am
Lot of useful features added in the new update 8)

I'm trying to setup a program suitable for live performances. This has been raised previously and for good reason.

The explode function is great to prepare individual pads for stems. I'm just wondering if it's possible to 'implode' tracks. By that I mean similar to older MPCs, where you can consolidate Pads from other programs into an existing/new Program. It just makes sense that you carry out the process in both directions

Cheers and thanks as always legends