Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Jay Rolex Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:44 pm
I've created a basic control surface script to control Ableton with the MPC Renaissance. This allows users to control Ableton with the MPC without loading the MPC plugin or standalone software.

Simpy place the MPC Renaissance folder in Macintosh HD>Users>YourName>Library>Preferences>Ableton>YourLiveVersionNo>User Remote Scripts

*You will need to enable view hidden files and folders to access these folders. Google it for more info.

When the folder is placed there you should be able to select the MPC Renaissance as a control surface in your Ableton Live preferences. Pads and Qlinks will be automatically mapped for drum racks/instrument controls/track volume. Transport controls will also work.

Here is the folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o8rpuq3xc3x0krx/AAAtBkFbLBtyaWp90pnIuytma?dl=0

Have fun!
By Amaysin Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:32 am
Jay Rolex wrote:I've created a basic control surface script to control Ableton with the MPC Renaissance. This allows users to control Ableton with the MPC without loading the MPC plugin or standalone software.

Simpy place the MPC Renaissance folder in Macintosh HD>Users>YourName>Library>Preferences>Ableton>YourLiveVersionNo>User Remote Scripts

*You will need to enable view hidden files and folders to access these folders. Google it for more info.

When the folder is placed there you should be able to select the MPC Renaissance as a control surface in your Ableton Live preferences. Pads and Qlinks will be automatically mapped for drum racks/instrument controls/track volume. Transport controls will also work.

Here is the folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o8rpuq3xc3x0krx/AAAtBkFbLBtyaWp90pnIuytma?dl=0

Have fun!

Works for me!

Thanks for hooking this up bro!
By big doug Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:55 pm
Subindex wrote:Would you be able to make one for the mpc studio?

it should work the same way because its the same program just a different machine. same set up.