Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By NikBo Thu May 14, 2015 11:12 am
Same problem here...

I had noticed a "not so loud" SMPTE signals through the headphones out but nothing too annoying.

Las week, I bought and install a new CF card reader in my MPC3000 and since then, the SMPTE signals through the headphones become very VERY loud...And also, as I unplugged the headphones from the Phones Out, the Overdub/Rec starts by himself...Very strange.

[img]/Users/nicolasgagnon/Desktop/IMG_1550.JPG[/img]

[img]/Users/nicolasgagnon/Pictures/Bibliothèque%20iPhoto.photolibrary/Masters/2015/05/08/20150508-071906/IMG_1551.JPG[/img]

Someone?
By NikBo Sat May 16, 2015 10:21 pm
richie wrote:Did you try anything mentioned in this thread?

Unfortunately, I tried to ground the CF card reader to the chassis like THECRATES said but it doesn't work...Still got the loud SMPTE throught the headphones out.

I talk to Manabu Sakai at ArtMix...Here's what it said...It maybe solve the problem for taking SCSI grand to MPC3000 chassis

[img][img]http://s23.postimg.org/73z4z8mqv/IMG_1551.jpg[/img][/img]
By Dustyfinga1.0 Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:38 am
NikBo wrote:
richie wrote:Did you try anything mentioned in this thread?

Unfortunately, I tried to ground the CF card reader to the chassis like THECRATES said but it doesn't work...Still got the loud SMPTE throught the headphones out.

I talk to Manabu Sakai at ArtMix...Here's what it said...It maybe solve the problem for taking SCSI grand to MPC3000 chassis

[img][img]http://s23.postimg.org/73z4z8mqv/IMG_1551.jpg[/img][/img]

So what exactly did you do? :hmmm:
I've been trying to solve this problem with a cherry I've owned since 2007. I recently installed the artmix cf card reader as well and it seems to be worse. I did all the remedies mentioned throughout the forums short of the soldered jumper grounding. (Which is a crapshoot anyhow)
I know it's just the headphone jack, but when you have two little ones sleeping above you sometimes you really need to use it.
On a side note, I have 2 LE's that don't have this issue at all, I guess it's fair to assume they figured out a fix for the bonding issue as they released the LE?
I've been inside both side by side and can't tell the difference between the two? Anyone? Anyone?
By JUKE 179r Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:20 pm
Dustyfinga1.0 wrote:So what exactly did you do? :hmmm:

I'm trying to figure that out also from NikBo's picture. Just ground the SCSI card to the frame?
By anatol Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:59 pm
Hey guys,

i installed the cf card reader from art mix and me too ..i have this high pitched noise in the headphone jack. can somebody send me a picture how i have to ground the cf reader or does anyone have another solution for this...?

art mix send me this picture but actually i don't know what he did...

By JUKE 179r Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:39 am
When looking at the picture it is kind of confusing. It looks like artmix took one of the two negative wires from the power connector and grounded it to the other circuitboard (and maybe MPC's metal frame/case?). :?
By necio Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:25 pm
MPC3000 LE:

My Problem:
-Installed the CF card reader from art mix - High pitched noise in the headphone jack
-Unplugged the headphones from the Phones Out - the Overdub/Rec starts by himself
-Turn on the screen backlight - Ground noise in the headphone jack

Fix:

-A Jumper from the black wire next to the red on the 4 wire power plug (CF card reader) to chassis ground.

--THANKS TO MPCFORUM, ALL AND ARTMIX--
-------IM BACK IN BUSINESS-------

image hosting over 10mb
By WASKMUSIC Fri May 10, 2019 3:13 pm
I know i know,
this is an old post.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved.
Had the same problem with Artmix reader.

Haven't used the headphone output since i own this machine.
Last week i wanted to use it - big whining weird sound.

Did the mod. Works perfectly.

I Y-splitted one of the black wires (ground) from the mini molex connector and put it on one of the screws going to the chassis.

Whine gone.

Thanks and love,
Wask
By Edd.Buczybuda Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:19 am
Just did resolve my MPC issue by unplugging the Sync Board connector from the main board.

This is quick fix for those who don't want to use Sync Board (SMPTE and FOOT SWITCH) at all.

If you like to keep reader and Sync Board functional then make sure your reader is grounded properly.
The issue comes from improperly grounded reader and there is NO NEED TO MODIFY OUTPUT BOARD!

My case was SCSI2SD5.1 and this one was quite simple.
All you need to do is solder a wire to the reader board pin 3rd on the power connector and lead this wire to any metal point that has contact with the device chassis - Might be a screw that holds a PCB.

---
As somebody before mentioned this specific issue is quite easy to diagnose, just put in and out jack into headphone socket and you might hear a modulated sync signal.
Your device might as well start to record a session by itself.

Hopefully it save some Output Boards from dirty mods.