Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By saintjoe Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:45 pm
Chillin wrote:
saintjoe wrote:Thanks for watching guys, def looks cool. I have to say, I'm not sure why many are surprised that an update would be paid, most software requires a paid upgrade between versions, seems pretty normal to me. I wouldn't expect it to be expensive though...of course I could be wrong LOL.

Your work is appreciated, Joe.

I already had the paid update in my expectation. However, it should be reasonably priced.

No doubt fam I agree. I'm hoping it is like 100 or less but they didn't say anything yet.
By BremenCole Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:21 pm
Great job St. Joe! You do us proud :)

I am all in for a paid upgrade. I never have a problem paying for something that delivers what I need. I am very please with the direction Akai is going. Please with the addition of more pro level effects and such. It would be nice to do everything in the MPC software and not have to pull everything over to a third party DAW.
By saintjoe Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:08 pm
BremenCole wrote:Great job St. Joe! You do us proud :)

I am all in for a paid upgrade. I never have a problem paying for something that delivers what I need. I am very please with the direction Akai is going. Please with the addition of more pro level effects and such. It would be nice to do everything in the MPC software and not have to pull everything over to a third party DAW.

I think a lot of us have wanted something like this for a while, cool to see they will be allowing external midi mapping for those that have fader/mixer style controllers.
By Orphew Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:01 pm
What a shame for all those who give their kind of ridiculous obedient acceptance of the cinic underprofessional attitude and policy of the shameless Akai New era...

Everything they are considering to offer for extra $ in 2.0 is what should be there since 1.2...

It's crazy that kind of submission...really nonsense for me. Value? Money? Respect? Responsibility, Specullation,...

I'm out...goodbye for ever, Akai.
By Icepulse Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:21 pm
Orphew wrote:What a shame for all those who give their kind of ridiculous obedient acceptance of the cinic underprofessional attitude and policy of the shameless Akai New era...

Everything they are considering to offer for extra $ in 2.0 is what should be there since 1.2...

It's crazy that kind of submission...really nonsense for me. Value? Money? Respect? Responsibility, Specullation,...

I'm out...goodbye for ever, Akai.

See you tomorrow! LOL
By godlike Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:57 am
I will pay for 2.0 as well, I just hope that it is under $199.99. I imagine AKAI will be looking to make a nice return on all of us who have invested in the new line, but please don't hit us over the head AKAI. Under $199.99--please!!
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:24 am
godlike wrote:I will pay for 2.0 as well, I just hope that it is under $199.99. I imagine AKAI will be looking to make a nice return on all of us who have invested in the new line, but please don't hit us over the head AKAI. Under $199.99--please!!

$199 would be ridiculous for a software upgrade, after VAT in the UK that would be £170, you can buy a Studio for £250 brand new here ATM and that includes the hardware and the full application.

I believe the Maschine 2 upgrade was $99. I'd be very surprised if Akai went any higher than that. Remember this is just an upgrade, and as Dan says, many of the proposed features are not even going to be ready for 2.0.
By optik415 Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:59 am
Side chain would be a nice feature! Im surprised that wasnt one of the questions. I was told by a sales rep at NAMM that 2.0 will be available in march. The bundled AIR plug-ins will feature 8 new effects not in the pro tools version with new compressor models. I was also told that audio tracks coulda been in a earlier version but it woulda been buggy, Akai really spent time with audio tracks to make it the best it can be. I will gladly pay $99 for 2.0! Ill be honest, i was losing hope in akai but they're headed in the right direction. Really wish they had a trade-in program for the black studio! Makes my silver joint look GARBAGE HAHA.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:00 pm
optik415 wrote: I was told by a sales rep at NAMM that 2.0 will be available in march.

If it's in alpha it's unlikely to be before Q3 or Q4, alpha literally means bare-bones rough features, most not even vaguely working or just placeholders.

I wouldn't listen to anyone other than Dan and Pete when it comes to release date predictions, and take those with a generous pinch or two of salt, because no one can predict how difficult it's going to be to get some stuff working properly. But certainly wouldn't take any notice whatsoever if it was a sales rep.

That upgrade is going to be a hard sell if 2.0 is a bodged rush job full of 'coming soon' features.
By IMAKEMADBEATS Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:34 pm
:smoker:
Audio Tracks.
This will transform my whole process. I used to have my MPC 2000XL midi control Pro Tools and Virtual Intruments like Trilogy, while playing external keyboards directly into PT and when it was time to combine it all, multitrack that MPC into Pro tools and then edit the actual wav forms for details arranging and editing. I bought the Ren thinking those days had come to an end, and that I could finally be totally in one software without sacrificing an efficient workflow and maintaining the MPC perspective of production.

If the audio tracks in 2.0 come with decent audio editing functionality... I may finally have that. :worthy:
If it has or eventually has internal sidechaining, I may shed a tear.
8)
I'm excited about this.
By saintjoe Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:37 pm
I def wouldn't expect 199 for the upgrade, also, the Studio Black will be available in March but not 2.0, it literally is in alpha, they weren't showing it to everyone mainly just those who knew about it or came up to ask about it. It will be dope though. I also have a silver studio and it is also getting the side-eye from me after seeing that black one. That's how I felt it should have been from the beginning.

Glad you guys liked to footage, I always try to get your questions answered about the MPC when I can so I appreciate everyone that added something to the list. I'm definitely excited about what Akai is doing, I think it's something many of us have wanted from these types of units for a long time.

From what I gather, they are just getting started...we shall see!
By Chillin Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:37 am
godlike wrote:I will pay for 2.0 as well, I just hope that it is under $199.99. I imagine AKAI will be looking to make a nice return on all of us who have invested in the new line, but please don't hit us over the head AKAI. Under $199.99--please!!

$100,00 would be reasonable. $199,99 become too expensive for an upgrade.
By SILIS101 Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:53 pm
At 8:30 in the video, when he is scrolling thru the Legacy Internal Effects list you will see "Mother Ducker INPUT" & "Mother Ducker".

Turbo Duck on the iMPC PRO app is a one button sidechain compressor.

Is this the sidechain function we've been hoping for? :popcorn: