Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Coz Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:27 pm
v00d00ppl wrote:Another alternative is to buy the decimort 2 plugin and use the sp1200 mode there. It does the best job software can do emulating the mix out output. Decimort 2 also emulats ASR10, EPS classic, S20, Emax, and Studio 440. As a studio 440 owner I actually use it to determine if it's even worth my time sampling on the studio 440.

I was checking out this plugin last night thanks to your post. It's a LOT better than the last version! I'm looking at my OTO Biscuit and wondering if I really need it now! :o
By Horseclick Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:42 pm

heres where the sp's go to lay, his probably been holding onto these for some time,

armens where the beatup ones are on ebay look one reissue is labelled mint :)
By v00d00ppl Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:26 pm
Coz wrote:
v00d00ppl wrote:Another alternative is to buy the decimort 2 plugin and use the sp1200 mode there. It does the best job software can do emulating the mix out output. Decimort 2 also emulats ASR10, EPS classic, S20, Emax, and Studio 440. As a studio 440 owner I actually use it to determine if it's even worth my time sampling on the studio 440.

I was checking out this plugin last night thanks to your post. It's a LOT better than the last version! I'm looking at my OTO Biscuit and wondering if I really need it now! :o

Those biscuits are nice. Thinking about getting one but I'm afraid I would abuse it in a lot of tracks

Decimort 2 is fun to us with the push 2 because you start with the high quality emulation of an SP1200 or ASR10 and use the knobs to adjust the jitter, filter, and resonance ever so slightly to get to that "Sweet Spot".

I'll actually start a decimort 2 thread in the daw subforums so we can all swap techniques there.
By Coz Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:47 pm
v00d00ppl wrote:Those biscuits are nice. Thinking about getting one but I'm afraid I would abuse it in a lot of tracks.

Obviously Decimort is a lot more flexible, but the Biscuit has a wide sweet spot with a sound that just pops. It'll be tough to let it go if I ever decide to sell it.
By richie Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:57 am
Armen eats chicken wings with a lot of hot sauce on them and then installs eproms without cleaning his fingers off first. It's how he makes sure people will have to come back to get their shit reserviced.
By mr_debauch Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:00 pm
ah great, i was looking through musotalk's website for that video and didn't find it... thanks.
By JamesJeffery Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:09 am
There's a guy I took mine to in Coventry, UK. He kept me there for about an hour telling me stories of the past.

He had stacks of SP's in this room. Some were dead and he told me he had plans to restore them. Some belonged to customers. Apparently though when Emu released the SP's he was hired by them to do repairs in the UK. He was based in London back then. He claims at one point his entire house was full of SP's for repair. He ended up with unclaimed SP's and years later he still has them sitting in this room waiting for the customers to collect.

Either way, dude knows his shit anyway. Would be cool to be him though. He's sitting on a fair bit of cash.

This is their website: http://www.hammondhire.com/
By richie Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:02 pm
@James you gotta wonder - how many years do you hold on to an SP1200 before you say f*ck it and sell it.