Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By kabs Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:24 pm
So I'm new to this world and I'm about to start producing some beats but my question is, what's the best MPC out there?
I'm really undecided between Akai MPC Studio, Touch & Ren.
By kabs Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:49 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:There is no best, each one has its own unique positives and negatives depending on your unique requirements. Tell us more about what features you are looking for and how you want to work. For example if you don't have an audio interface then touch or ren might be a better option.

Well I'm a begineer but I want to start with something big.
I want to start producing trap and boom bap beats and such.
By kabs Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:20 pm
Renaisscence still available to purchase?
I saw many people use Renaisscence, but I'm really undecided between Ren or Touch...
By Lampdog Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:23 am
kabs wrote:I want to start producing trap and boom bap beats and such.

Any gear can do that.
By kabs Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:29 am
Lampdog wrote:
kabs wrote:I want to start producing trap and boom bap beats and such.

Any gear can do that.

Still want to know what's the best MPC out there.
Or what's the best choice between Ren, Touch & Studio
By Lampdog Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:38 pm
Still want to know what's the best MPC out there.

Choose the one that seems to fit you. If not, send it back within
the return time and try the other one. "The best" is subjective and diff
people will tell you diff things.
By kabs Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:41 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The touch is my favourite out of the three. My review covers why
http://www.mpc-tutor.com/akai-mpc-touch-review/

Lampdog wrote:Still want to know what's the best MPC out there.

Choose the one that seems to fit you. If not, send it back within
the return time and try the other one. "The best" is subjective and diff
people will tell you diff things.

I removed Studio from my list, now it's between Ren and Touch.
The thing is there are many people saying that the Ren is by far better than Touch...
I want to know why and what should I buy to start big...
By Coz Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:06 pm
There's no such thing as 'starting big'. You start at ground zero the same as everyone else unfortunately.

I would personally go with the Touch if it were a toss up between the two because it's the newer model and will probably be supported for longer.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:28 pm
kabs wrote:The thing is there are many people saying that the Ren is by far better than Touch...

As I said originally, everyone has a different idea on what constitutes 'best' depending on their particular requirements. The Ren has a more feature packed audio interface, so in that respect it's better. The Touch has a touch interface, which many find more intuitive and speedier to work with. Others find the 16 Q links on the ren more efficient. The Touch has additional features not available to the Ren (e.g. XYFX) - so some people will consider that essential and therefore consider the Touch 'best'.

Ultimately both are just controllers for the MPC Software, which in itself is a feature-packed application offering infinitely more features and bells and whistles than were available to producers 'back in the day', but they still managed to produce quality music back then, so I personally would not get too focussed on which MPC is 'best' and instead just get any of them and start making music. You can always sell it later if you realise it wasn't what you are looking for.

And I really don't know what you mean by 'start big' - if anything you should 'start small' and see what you can make using minimal equipment, learn the fundamentals and add/replace gear as of when you need it.
By kabs Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:12 pm
With "starting big" I mean starting with good material not starting like a pro.
I think I'll go for the Touch then, I love Ren because of the size (it's bigger) and have more features but in other side the Touch is a new product and will be supported for longer like one guy side above.
By JUKE 179r Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:14 pm
**** wrote:
kabs wrote:what's the best MPC out there?

Roland MV-8800

:smoker:

Word... :nod: