Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MIMUS Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:36 am
Hello,

I have a basic knowledge of Ableton and the mpc software. I am interested in using the MPC VST in Ableton but I can't seem to find the plug in anywhere on my computer/ableton. Ableton says I have no plugins. May you help me please?
By qwerty3000 Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:08 am
There should be folder in program files (I have steinberg folder with plugins - there is also my mpc vst). You need also have same versions (x64 + x64 or x86 + x86) of plugin and ableton software
By konc3pt Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:25 pm
so seems that ableton dont see MPC ren as VST, possible bug ? you'll have to enable "Use Audio Units" under Live's preferences>File Folder mid-bottom section there after do re-scan...on mac plugins are stored in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST
By Mike Smith Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:32 pm
Hi All,

Thanks for this link, it helped me solve my issue. And will hopefully help all us x64 (bit) users.

The folder is now located at C:\Program Files\Steinberg\vstplugins

Hope this helps someone as it took me a while to find this out? A newbie like me probably?

MPC Studio and Ableton Live 9 working correctly now.
By dameohare3 Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:44 am
Same here, rusty on how the vst thing works. Stumbled onto the answer tho, go to:
MPC Plugin 32-Bit VST: C:Program Files (x86)Steinbergvstplugins
MPC Plugin 64-Bit VST: C:ProgramFilesSteinbergvstplugins

Most likely these days your ableton is using 64 bit. Just create a "custom vst" folder somewhere on your computer, then copy and paste the .dll file from the steinberg folder listed above into your custom folder. Then go into ableton, options, preferences, plug-ins, turn on all "use vst2" & "use vst3" options, browse to assign your custom vst folder for both, and then rescan. Voila.

Also the "use audio units" option isn't there anymore in new ableton, so just ignore that old advice.
By frank.weening Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:40 am
Enable Use VST2 plug-n custom folder
then I set the vst2 plug-in cutom folder to C:\Program Files\Steinberg
(I think thi sis the default location of the MPC plugin )
rescan plug-in and there it is !!