New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By GotHemi Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:11 am
does any model of MPC let you scroll through your sounds & preview them with the pads WHILE the sequence is playing?

example: you record in a sample from turntable, chop it up and lay down a sequence with the chops.

can you have that sequence play on loop, go into LOAD and scroll through different snares, hats, etc. to see which ones sound best with the sequence playing?

if none can do this, what would be a good work around to this? lay down a sample sequence & then record it to another sampler or the PC? then let it play and scroll through your drums on the mpc?
By SILIS101 Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:14 pm
I believe the 500 lets you.
Ren and Studio lets you.

JJOS doesn't let you.

I load a few sounds of hats, kicks, snares. Adjust from there. OR-
I also will play drums from the computer or other gear to get a feel for what I want.
OR- make a drum program with all your go-to drums and load that every time, kills memory.
By Molotovbeatz Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:35 pm
MPC 5000 allows you to do that. I just got out myself few days ago and I could play my sequence in loop and go throw the folders looking for sounds like drums for example to see what fits to the sample. My MPC has JJ 2.0 on it.
By saltmcgault Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:33 am
you can play samples via drums or what ever is assigned to your pads as you are in record mode. i do it a lot it’s not particular playing drums to your chopped samples but it gives you a good idea