Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By smola Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:32 pm
Hi my MPC Heads...

About week ago I bought my MPC Ren. Was so happy until I plug it in to my Computer and find out many people have problems with connect it via USB 3.0 port...

Everything is Okay on 5-10 minutes and then sound starts crackle... When I change sample rate on MPC software sound preferences to another rate, everything is fine again but again on 5-10 minutes.

And again and again and again the same. Every 10 minutes I am sick.

Unfortunately, my laptop (HP Pavilon) doesn't have 2.0 Ports. Here Is the specification:

And specification of my USB ports:

And Also my ASIO settings in MPC Software (But sound is crap on all setings, I tried everything...):

And yes, I tried everything what was written on the official Akai Troubleshooting site ( http://www.akaipro.com/kb/article/1885#usb3 ). I tried to connect MPC by 2.0 Hub and nothing change, I tried to disable xHCI Controller in Bios also but my Bios doesn't have that option. Try to update drivers - nothing... Nothing helps at all.

Please If you have any Ideas let me know, because I am out of mine and I begin to be frustrated... Maby I am focused on something wrong and USB ports doesn't make that issue? I am a fool now.

Peace.
By fdodds Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:53 pm
I think you're out of luck if you can't disable USB 3.0 via your BIOS. As far as I know it is the only way to actually fix this issue (I don't think using a USB 2.0 hub has worked for anyone - even if you are going directly into a USB 2.0 port you will still get this issue just for having USB 3.0 active at all)
By smola Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:36 pm
Eh I can't understand that why Akai didn't fix this problem, it is obvious the all new computers have only 3.0 ports and what we have to do now? Change computers to older ones or change MPC's to older ones? It is crazy.

Maby Bios update would change something? Damn I don't know, I am so frustrated and pissed off...

Does somebody wrote to Akai about this? What they saying about it?
By smola Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:16 pm
I found the specification of my laptop on the official site: https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c04881753

...And it says I have got one USB 2.0 port. And yes, there is one which haven't got "ss" logo. Anyway, I don't know what is wrong because when I connecting MPC through this port is still the same problem...

Maby it is not USB problem at all? Please guys help me, anyone, you are my last hope.
By greavous420 Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:49 pm
smola wrote:I found the specification of my laptop on the official site: https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c04881753

...And it says I have got one USB 2.0 port. And yes, there is one which haven't got "ss" logo. Anyway, I don't know what is wrong because when I connecting MPC through this port is still the same problem...

Maby it is not USB problem at all? Please guys help me, anyone, you are my last hope.

I believe the issue would be if that is running off the same USB bus as the 3.0 port. Are they next to each other or othersides of the laptop. If next to each other then almost definitely, if they on other sides then it could be unrelated.
By smola Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:16 pm
greavous420 wrote:
smola wrote:I found the specification of my laptop on the official site: https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c04881753

I believe the issue would be if that is running off the same USB bus as the 3.0 port. Are they next to each other or othersides of the laptop. If next to each other then almost definitely, if they on other sides then it could be unrelated.

Yep it is on the same side as another 3.0... Shame.
By jimijones555 Sun May 28, 2017 6:03 am
Hello Folks,

I have that same problem with my Renaissance, and just this evening I got a hairbrain idea, from where I don't know, let just say it was a hunch, anyway I downloaded the "ASIO4ALL" 2.14 driver, and installed it on my laptop, then I switched drivers for the MPC software and inside SONAR Professional, so far it hasn't given me that God awful digitization noise everybody's getting, I'm going to check it out for awhile, and I'll report back if it comes back or after about a week I'll report back either way, stay tuned, also with the "ASIO4ALL" driver I was able to get lower latency than I did with the native MPC driver, however I set the buffer size to 192 samples, at 48khz, which is what I was using with the original MPC driver, but it seems that the latency is slightly lower at 192 samples, than the 192 sample from the latest MPC driver, so you folks might want to check it out.

Peace Out
Jimi Jones
https://soundcloud.com/jimi-jones-4
By producer0187 Sun May 28, 2017 7:08 pm
So, after banging my head against the wall, de-registering the software with Akai so that I can sell the Ren on Ebay, but never getting around to doing so....I may have found a solution to this problem. It's worked for me for four days now with no issues (noise, static, etc.) for hours at a time.

I went to Wally World and purchased a 2.0 USB port (cheapest they had went for $11), came home, plugged and played...NO ISSUES NOTED TO DATE! Can't be that simple...right?

I never wanted to get rid of the Ren and now it doesn't look like I have to. Give it a shot if you haven't already and report back with what you find.

Oh btw, I'm running the MPC software on an iMac, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB of memory. I haven't tried it on my Windows 10 laptop yet but I'm almost willing to say it'll work there as well.

P0187
By jimijones555 Mon May 29, 2017 8:49 am
Hello Smola, and anyone else with this issue.

It seems according to your post that your computer has both USB 2.0 and 3.0, therefore whether you know it or not your computer has both types of USB controllers, a 2.0 controller and a 3.0 controller, my guess is that your computer by default has its USB controller configured for USB 3.0, you can't simply turn off the USB 3.0 port, you will need to go into the BIOS and set the USB host controller to be configured for USB 2.0 instead of 3.0, I can't do that on my HP Envy because all of my USB ports are 3.0, I don't have any USB 2.0 ports, so you should check that out, or as I posted earlier try installing the "ASIO4ALL v2.14" universal ASIO driver as I did, and so far I haven't came across that issue again, but I did come across a small issue, it seems that when I select the "ASIO4ALL" driver in SONAR Professional, and configure it properly with SONAR and MPC software "ASIO4ALL" doesn't save my audio settings, and I have to configure it all over again, this is a little annoying but it's working flawlessly so far, go figure....LOL.

Jimi Jones
By Organix215 Tue May 30, 2017 1:52 am
jimijones555 wrote:Hello Smola, and anyone else with this issue.

It seems according to your post that your computer has both USB 2.0 and 3.0, therefore whether you know it or not your computer has both types of USB controllers, a 2.0 controller and a 3.0 controller, my guess is that your computer by default has its USB controller configured for USB 3.0, you can't simply turn off the USB 3.0 port, you will need to go into the BIOS and set the USB host controller to be configured for USB 2.0 instead of 3.0, I can't do that on my HP Envy because all of my USB ports are 3.0, I don't have any USB 2.0 ports, so you should check that out, or as I posted earlier try installing the "ASIO4ALL v2.14" universal ASIO driver as I did, and so far I haven't came across that issue again, but I did come across a small issue, it seems that when I select the "ASIO4ALL" driver in SONAR Professional, and configure it properly with SONAR and MPC software "ASIO4ALL" doesn't save my audio settings, and I have to configure it all over again, this is a little annoying but it's working flawlessly so far, go figure....LOL.

Jimi Jones

Kind of weird but i had a motherboard go out on my old CPU so I did some research and decided on a HP Envy 750-424 for a replacement (this is before I knew about the issue). Bought it and mmediately went on amazon and bought a firewire pcie card and a Rosewill PCI-E to USB 3.0 4-Port PCI Express Expansion Card (PCIe Card). Hooked everything up and installed the Ren software and got all of the audio artifacts that everybody's talking about. Did research and tried all of the hacks that everybody's talking about. Nothing. Even went on ebay and bought a usb 2.0 pcie card to hook the Ren's usb into which still didn't work.

Well after reading on here that there's rumors that akai would be releasing a firmware update. I decided to reinstall the Rosewill 3.0 card and wait it out.

When I reinstalled it, this time I didn't run the ren's USB thru the CPU's 2.0 or 3.0 port and ran it straight through the Rosewill PCIe 3.0 card. Haven't had any issues with audio artifacts or latency since then. Not sure why but it works.
By jimijones555 Tue May 30, 2017 4:35 am
Hello Folks,

Well after trying out the "ASIO4ALL" driver for a few days, and thinking I had the problem solved, I didn't, the digitization artifacts came back this evening and I was pissed, but it did last longer than usual, so if Akai does plan on releasing a new firmware update I hope its soon, but to be honest I think I'm going to live with this issue and around 3 to 6 months from now I'm going to pull the trigger on a brand new MPC X, and since its USB 3.0 anyway I can't go wrong.

Jimi Jones
By 3gbeats Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:55 pm
yeah i've had the same problem - brand spanking new pc .. i7 16g ram thought life would be latency free .. it always finds a way to get me though an it routed its ass through the usb 3 drivers .. still no fix from what i've found - other than the buying a usb 2 adapter stated above .. im going to try that next