MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By sawwaveanalog Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:42 am
It is >:)

And thanks. I'm still learning the MPC, throwing away 20 years of Cubase to transition to a full hardware sequencing environment. So far this thing has done nothing but impress me. From build quality to features, it's exactly what I was hoping it would be. Total **** homerun for AKAI as long as it stays stable once I know what I'm doing and start pushing its boundaries.
By Danoc Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:43 am
Yo thanks. Yeah l did the video on a wimius 4k so the volume is low and l just got the Vegas platinum 14 movie maker and l gotta learn it some more.

Cockdiesel wrote:Slick video bro. It's really low on the volume if you havent noticed. the beginning is straight but when you talking its crazy low.

Sawwave. If you can rock them synths a mpc should be cake walk for ya. congratz!
By Danoc Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:50 am
Whooaaa! You got rid of Cubase?

So are you staying strictly standalone or rocking the 2.0 software also?
I won't get rid of Reason nor Studio One 3.5.1 as my Daws. I call those three the great Trinity lol Rocking Live with Reason now that it hss vsts is just beastly!

I feel you my live has done nothing but impress me. Im really freakin happy. From the pads to the internal effects l can do my thing.

sawwaveanalog wrote:It is >:)
And thanks. I'm still learning the MPC, throwing away 20 years of Cubase to transition to a full hardware sequencing environment. So far this thing has done nothing but impress me. From build quality to features, it's exactly what I was hoping it would be. Total **** homerun for AKAI as long as it stays stable once I know what I'm doing and start pushing its boundaries.
By Cockdiesel Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:42 am
Icepulse wrote:Here's 60 seconds of me scrolling through some project previews. All sequences 100% in standalone mode. Just for fun.

I like the vibe on everything you post bro. Props, look forward to hearing more.

Damn Marc got the heavy artillery, cool thread indeed. How long until people got used x's they couldn't learn or some guy on the internet said they wasted their money up for sale that shit is dope. Lol

Once I get set up again, had to move for the third time in 6 months, I'll get some pics at least going.
By Danoc Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:59 am
Yeah its me you ol' multi MPC having mofo lol :lol:

WTH!!!! Dam you got greedy and got both? No wonder dudes aint get their pre orders yet lol lmao

Studio look dope. Thats a hellava pic.
Is that a S950 or S3000xl? Couldn't see the number. I forgot l had a S950 in 94 dam l forgot about that.
I want a stand for the Live like that.

marctronixx wrote:ol' milk dud head ass ... :popcorn: :-D :lol:

I'm teasin' brotha! :worthy: :wink: :worthy:

best tag team on the market right now..

By marctronixx Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:00 pm
Thanks for your kind words brotha. I kinda of have a little bit invested.

Ive seen your old setup back in the day and that was cool man. I am a big fan of hardware gear. I even have a dehumidifier to keep the humidity down to a maintained 42-45% relative humidity. Climate controlled to 75 degrees. The analog oscillators in the OB6 appreciate that.

Yeah that's an s950. Launch day purchased. Traded in a 4 track reel to reel and some other stuff I forgot PLUS cash to get it.

What you dont see is a Fostex D2424LV HDD 24 track recorder, Sony DAT, and some other trinkets in the rack.

The other side of the kitchen i have a Jupiter 80, Ob6, and Prophet Rev2 16 voice. I just took this photo to show these stands are really cool. They can be articulated in many different viewing positions.

The LIVE lives in a backpack .. I just took it out to show it on the stand.

The X is just like how I had the mpc 2KXL studio plus: its the hub of everything. Currently the X is midi syncing the s950, Jupiter-80, REV2 16 voice, and Ob6. The X records from the synths to. The X is also triggering a gated sequencer patch from the CV output on the to the CV input on the REV2. This is exactly how I wanted things to be when i saw the X being announced.

Still have not installed the software.