MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By zangetsu01 Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:45 pm
Not sure if this should be in the software section but we all know that this section is more alive.

Let's post all MPC X & Live hacks you can find in this thread.

Starting of with what it seems to be a mouse being used with the MPC. Don't know if it's in controller or standalone mode. But what's good about it is that it seems that JJ from JJOS is back in tha game..!!

By marctronixx Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:41 am
ok here is MY opinion! we all have one so don't anyone get butt hurt over my comment! :)

are you cats who want mouse support used to computer sequencing? i'm not.

first off, it took this person several seconds to type in his name--i can finger type it much quicker, so not a good way to show the value in mouse clicking.

also its another thing to carry around if you are portable.

the click click click of the mouse was annoying. that would slow down production and workflow for me, having to find the mouse and click. just use the blasted computer!?

i see this as a proof of concept that the OS can be modified, and that's cool, but its a linux/desktop OS so of course it can me modified. it's not hard to do.

anyway, not trying to stifle creativity and updates! i hope this mouse thingy feature comes out so those who want it can use it.

By Cockdiesel Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:55 am
marctronixx wrote:
i see this as a proof of concept that the OS can be modified, and that's cool, but its a linux/desktop OS so of course it can me modified. it's not hard to do.

That's the only way to view this. I hope this thread gets lit up with all types of new ideas, perhaps some of these people can take a look at the features request thread we got going to get some ideas going.

:popcorn:
By RodmanSan Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:29 am
Sorry...i do not understand...but what has this clip got to do with JJOS.....its just a mouse connected to the USB port....a function which can already be used? Same goed for connecting a USB keyboard....
By TheUnfuckwithable Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:50 am
RodmanSan wrote:Sorry...i do not understand...but what has this clip got to do with JJOS.....its just a mouse connected to the USB port....a function which can already be used? Same goed for connecting a USB keyboard....

Clickbaiting obviously.

:Sigh:
By starmanwarz Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:43 pm
psoul wrote:my 2 cents eh

but u have an mpc to avoid u using a mouse to make beat and u want this feauture.... :O

Dudes are crazy, they ask for monitor/mouse/keyboard support on the Live.... Next thing you know they'll be asking for a Facebook app :hmmm: :Sigh: