Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By LANY Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:32 pm
Akai really cant compete with NI honestly, Akai has the standalone aspect but for every 10 people that say they want standalone there are 1000 people that dont care about standalone in 2017, im in the latter. Go NI!!!
By zangetsu01 Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:15 pm
LANY wrote:Akai really cant compete with NI honestly, Akai has the standalone aspect but for every 10 people that say they want standalone there are 1000 people that dont care about standalone in 2017, im in the latter. Go NI!!!

That's why there is also something called: 'Controller Mode'

But than again.. It's obvious that you're NI fan..
By Danoc Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:38 pm
Profoundly said.

zangetsu01 wrote:
That's why there is also something called: 'Controller Mode'
But than again.. It's obvious that you're NI fan..
By Danoc Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:49 pm
N.O.C. <---- fell the hellout l Zang you are crazy. Lol

zangetsu01 wrote:
**** wrote:
So true, your X will indeed look laughable besides the new Maschine.

Says the guy with his old battleship.. :fku: :fku: :fku:

With every update the MPC's are getting better and better. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
Just keep crying and hoping in that corner and maybe Roland will put out a new version of their rusty sunken ship.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By kaydigi Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:28 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Anyone notice that Maschine 3 is 'in stores, October 5th'? Not 'coming soon', not 'at some point in 2017/18', not '....errr...tumbleweed....'.

What's the betting that all stores have plentiful stock as well?

I love NI and Ableton's hardware release strategy, announce and see you in 30 days.
By rookie Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:16 am
It's on par with the Touch, but the software for maschine still sucks..I did like the original software, but when 2 came out they lost me. Those who just got maschine jam, just got jammed!
By stale bread Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:37 am
LANY wrote:Akai really cant compete with NI honestly, Akai has the standalone aspect but for every 10 people that say they want standalone there are 1000 people that dont care about standalone in 2017, im in the latter. Go NI!!!

:lol: and for every 10 people that say what you said, there are 10 people who don't understand midi sequencers and buy a sampler based on the browser.

the new mk3 controller is fresh though, looking forward to scooping one up
By Danoc Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:10 am
You couldn't find 3 people that would have said the ridiculous over exaggerated phrase that dude just made let alone 10. :popcorn:

stale bread wrote:

:lol: and for every 10 people that say what you said, there are 10 people who don't understand midi sequencers and buy a sampler based on the browser.

the new mk3 controller is fresh though, looking forward to scooping one up
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:11 pm
Ye..ye...your right man...I saw the specs after i posted...We could leave this thread here for Ableton's next move though :wink:
Danoc wrote:
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:And here we go..
let's see who wins..
:popcorn:

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 337/page-6

Are you insinuating sublimity a competition with Akai? It looks nice but l wouldnt3trade my live for this.

One midi in and out :Sigh:
2 channel stereo out only? :Sigh:
Just a controller? :Sigh:

Im just not excited.
Last edited by Yorgos Arabatzis on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By chino Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:25 pm
I have tried both the MPC & Maschine workflows. There are things I like about both. The major thing that bothered me is that BOTH Maschine & the MPC 2.0 software are missing major features that my 10 year old battleship (MV8800) has??!! :hmmm:

I like new gear as much as the next person but Ive decided to make music with the equipment I have. The MV8800 is stable, reliable & I know how to use it. Thats enough for me right now.

It would be nice to have an updated portable MV with more RAM, SSD etc. Until that happens, I will just use what I got to get the job done.