MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Certified Beatz Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:48 pm
I agree i did spend a week converting and i am pissed i have a few more weeks to play around with it it might go back.. Today im going to make a beat for the first time really sit with it and see if it really what i want.. I will say at least with Maschine you can load all of you expansions but you cant conver like akai offers...
By 40Beatz Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:10 pm
I found a simple way to do WITHOUT using the MPC Software....
You will at least need a computer to Unwrap the XPN Expansion File. Most will tell you to use the Software to install it. Like you...I dont have the Software. So all i did was UnZip the XPN file using any WinZip type app on the computer, and transfer the files to a SD Card! Wallah! Expansion Pack is now on the card. Insert it into your Live, Now you can access the Expansion Pack in your browser!
Hope That Helps!!
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:17 pm
I've found that some zip applications are not suitable for XPN extraction as under certain conditions they ignore some XPM files during the extraction process . 'betterzip' on a Mac is one that I personally found to be problematic, winrar on PC is another (don't have full details as the customer didn't confirm which version he was running). I've stopped recommending this method as it's too temperamental.
By kaydigi Mon May 06, 2019 3:13 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:I've found that some zip applications are not suitable for XPN extraction as under certain conditions they ignore some XPM files during the extraction process . 'betterzip' on a Mac is one that I personally found to be problematic, winrar on PC is another (don't have full details as the customer didn't confirm which version he was running). I've stopped recommending this method as it's too temperamental.

Did you ever find a reliable method? On the MPC X Expanded Expansions offer, one of the xpn’s is corrupted. I wanted to unpack it to fix the .com identifier
By 40Beatz Mon May 06, 2019 1:39 pm
Try downloading "7 Zip" . It works like a Charm on XPN files