Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By cpu Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:04 am
My mpc's were stolen a few years back. Honest opinion...is this impc an actual usable product or is it a toy? I've seen vids of the impc with mpc fly 30...but i wanna hear it from you guys...is this just going to frustrate me even more than having zero mpc's? Because that would suck.
By Lampdog Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:37 am
RUN away from impc and use Beatmaker 3. I'm paying it forward. Enjoy.
By CougarFool Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:11 pm
I like the new version of 'iMPC Pro'. Don't bother with the old 'iMPC' app. Haven't used Beatmaker 3 but it has a huge following.
By Lampdog Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:40 pm
No way in the world any/every version of impc can touch BM.

Look at the bottom of BM3 pads, right, you can change at anytime 16 pads to 64 pads.

There are a million more advantages over impc pro.
By CougarFool Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:01 am
Thanks for the screenshots Lampdog. I can see why it has such a huge following. There are also plenty of tutorials around for it so that makes it more accessible.
I didn't know about BM until I'd bought iMPC Pro!
By Living Bate Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:06 am
cpu wrote:My mpc's were stolen a few years back....is this just going to frustrate me even more than having zero mpc's?

how the fug did that happen?

did you not have any insurance?

i couldnt be going from MPC's stolen to zero MPC's like that....
By Lampdog Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:06 pm
CougarFool wrote:Thanks for the screenshots Lampdog. I can see why it has such a huge following. There are also plenty of tutorials around for it so that makes it more accessible.
I didn't know about BM until I'd bought iMPC Pro!

BM3 was $20 the first few days it came out, went to full price $39.99 now. Not cheap BUT well worth it imo. It also has keyboard, crazy midi options, routing of other ios synths/drums into it's DAW.
By Tomes Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:33 am
Retronyms who created this app always des too little too late for their apps. If this app were fixed years ago, it would had been useful. But now its like a crippled old dinosaur with a broken leg and a bandage to fix it.

Beatmaker 3 is so much better that there is no comparison. Sucks that i wasted 10€ on this app that i never had any use for, as it was so badly broken until retronyms saw bm3 and everyone trashing their app online, only after that they managed to put out an update that fixed some bugs for some people. But instead this app would had to be developed all this time to better it, so now its way behind everything else and still has nasty bugs that retronyms doesent seem very interested to fix