All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By MPC-Tutor Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:05 pm

The third edition of my MPC X & MPC Live tutorial book, 'The MPC X & MPC Live' and it's now fully compatible with the recent 2.0.5 firmware update. Changes include:

- Updated content to reflect the new PROGRAM EDIT > SAMPLES screen (layer tabs, waveform & updated pad parameters)

- Additional content for the new LIST EDIT mode

- Addition of content for GRID copy/paste

- updated audio track editing tutorial to cover the new marquee tool

- sidebar table of contents is now nested with all sub-sections for each chapter (PDF edition)

- updates to many screenshots

- lots of minor content updates (e.g. metronome settings, drive formatting etc)

- Various bug fixes & tweaks

A detailed list of changes for each chapter is included in Appendix D of the book.

You can download the update directly from your customer account or from the link in your original order email.

Any problems, let me know. Enjoy the update!

BTW, if you haven't got the book yet, check it out here:
http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... ive-bible/
By Danoc Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:09 am
I.ve had my Live since, and l have had no issues.

I can't say its fully stable but things are being cleaned up as Akai drops newer versions.

ralphyartis' wrote:Would you guys say that the X and Live are pretty stable now? I returned a live a couple months ago due to a lot of functions being unresponsive. Decided at the time I would not replace it but wait a while. Can I expect a solid machine by now?
By marctronixx Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:34 am
I'm not (yet) a subject matter expert on the MPC live/x but one reason for having the LIVE (and the X being home) is being able to use the mpc X/Live bible during my downtime when i am away from my lab/on the road to brush up on my skills and better learn the instrument.

i took thips photo today showing i can set up a "popup" learning center in sconds...

I remember getting the MPC2KXL "bible" waaaay back in the day. that really helped me be less intimidated about that instrument and it turned me into a BEAST!

using an ipad to read and using the LIVE to practice with is fun. all the sounds/programs, seq. one needs is in there.

so this post is more for the middle of the road cats who are thinking about investing in the bible..

be like nike.. JUST DO IT!
By Feather Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:25 pm
I'm a long time lurker on this forum and decided to make an account to be apart of this dope community. I picked up the Bible during the black Friday sale and I can't thank you enough Andy! I've already read half and I found some many little things I didn't know I could do. I'm very impressed!

Thanks again and Peace!