MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Fanu Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:06 am
Alright guys…this hit me last night as I was hitting the sack.
A few thoughts. I'm sure this isn't news to everybody, but maybe there's a few good thoughts to some.

I finally thought, heck, why not try and find some plugins with really low latency.
There isn't a ton of info out there, but I started with this:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... -vsts.html
Maybe we should compile a list of our own?
(E.g., Ableton Live does display the latency caused by a plugin, so it's easy to check)

Limiter-wise, I found that at least limiters by Melda don't cause much latency (while some of my faves such as Ozone are totally non-usable in the MPC due to massive latency).
Melda Production limiters aren't too bad.
Actually, Slate Digital FG-X seems very usable on master limiting. I haven't used it that much as at some point i thought it may get a bit soft with bass music, but then again, with the MPC I mostly do oldskool type hip hop, so this should work here.
Also do notice that the legacy MPC modes seem to eliminate peaks. Nice!
I didn't measure any of this; what matters to me is what I hear. So I tried those on the master while having the metronome on and listened to how much it gets thrown off.

EQ-wise, I'm sure you can find many options, but with FabFilter ProQ2, you can use a zero latency mode, so that's your friend when using the MPC.

UAD crew:
I do use a lot of UAD stuff, which has been a nightmare with the MPC…BUT…I do admit I was never aware of the low-latency mode you can use with the plugins.
There's a microphone icon in every plugin interface, bottom left, and as you activate that, the plugin will run in a low-latency mode. I noticed you can have Oxide tape on your master on that mode, and the latency isn't that bad TBH!

List your findings and post your thoughts!
By Fanu Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:23 pm
Not much news to add here other than it's been a while since I've used my Live, but I updated tonight and was messing with some beats that were heavy on UAD plugins; put them all to "microphone" mode aka low-latency mode, and heck, things were pretty much on time!
The only downside of that is that they're then handled by your CPU, but if it's nothing super heavy and you've got a powerful computer, no probs! (stuff like Manley Massive Passive made my CPU stutter, but other things were fine)
By Fanu Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:45 pm
tonemelle wrote:Akai definitely needs to add PDC now that it's out of the beta phase. Haven't used my izotope plugs in a while

Yeah…I pretty much knew they wouldn't implement it for the full release version.
The signs were in the air. Or, they were not, rather.
But it's about time for them to do it.

Ever noticed how they never use 3rd party plugins in their demo videos…this is the reason.
By Fanu Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:28 am
starmanwarz wrote:A bit off topic, but I just finished listening to your new album Fanu and it's amazing, great vibes. Is it coming to Spotify as well?

Thanks man!
We're doing the vinyl preorder campaign till Jan 12, which is when digital comes out (free digital DL for vinyl customers too)…pretty much all possible platforms on that date, Spotify included.