Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By aelita Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:36 pm
Hi there,

Seeing people getting all sort of problemes past a certain time of use; is it silly to even think about buying a so old machine?

Seller tells that the machine is working properly and has the new style pads.

Any advice?

Thankx`
By SILIS101 Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:33 am
Used MPC's that are that old are bought and sold every day.
MPC1000 specific, look for a listing that says it has new pad sensors. If the listing doesn't mention it, then ask the seller if it has a sensor sheet (all 16 pads on one sheet) or single pad sensor (single sensor for each of the 16 pads).

You want the one with a sensor sheet. Otherwise you may end up with dead single pads. A new updated sensor sheet can be bought from mpcstuff.com

If I were to buy a 1000 I would buy this one on eBay right now because this price is ridiculously low for what you get for that price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AKAI-MPC1000-Upgraded-w-XLCD-JJOS-Fat-Pads-New-Pad-Sensors/182994982908?hash=item2a9b59d7fc:g:IygAAOSw6VRaQvis
By rikrubio Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:00 pm
I bought the original blue one off eBay a couple of years back. The first thing that I had to fix was the pads. The next thing you'd have to invest in is the software. The original Akai programming sucks. It's outdated and freezes every time you are in the grove. If you don't save, all is lost. The JJOS fixed that right up, plus improved it a lot.
By tapedeck Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:48 pm
the buttons will likely crap out on you too. i replaced mine with new buttons from mpc-stuff and it is like a brand new machine.

so if you get one, get it cheap, because you will want to spend money fixing it up.
By aelita Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:57 pm
Hi Tapedeck'

Cheaper the better :) right price would be more appropriate regarding the condition...
Saw some vids about bouttons replacement; think, i could manage the trick (with training) if it were to happen; the thing that worries me the most to say is the jog wheel replacement!
By tapedeck Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:15 pm
aelita wrote:Hi Tapedeck'

Cheaper the better :) right price would be more appropriate regarding the condition...
Saw some vids about bouttons replacement; think, i could manage the trick (with training) if it were to happen; the thing that worries me the most to say is the jog wheel replacement!

...oh yea, that too. it is easy - and the upgrade is so much better.

basically a stock mpc1000 blows....but an aftermarket modded one is one of the best machines you can get.

if you want to go cheap, be prepared to put in the time + work + knowledge + extra cash even to get it running right.
i always compare it to cars... if you want to buy an old car, you got to know or be willing to learn and work with old tech.
Last edited by tapedeck on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By aelita Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:37 pm
Easy jog wheel replacement...if you say so :)
For modded vs stock one i would have thought the opposite :roll:
Like if someone has used the machine alot; he/she would probably have made customisation ect; but the stock ones out there looks like they been put aside and not been used that mutch?!
Feels like russian roulette to my eyes anyway...
By tapedeck Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:47 pm
aelita wrote:Easy jog wheel replacement...if you say so :)
For modded vs stock one i would have thought the opposite :roll:
Like if someone has used the machine alot; he/she would probably have made customisation ect; but the stock ones out there looks like they been put aside and not been used that mutch?!
Feels like russian roulette to my eyes anyway...

the stock ones are so flimsy though... from the disaster of the first pads, to the general crappiness of the buttons + jog wheel, to the half-assed os... everything on them breaks or just kind of works well enough to make you stick with it. but once you add jjos, new pads, new button, new jog wheel... it really becomes a fine machine. :mrgreen:
By 500cc Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:04 pm
My first mpc was the 1000 with jj os a blue one.

I had to replace most f buttons and scroll buttons mode etc i suppose because these are the most used.
The lower pads where starting to mess up so i just ingnored them and used the row above did this for a couple of years till i replaced the pads with the new model
My Volume pot and rec is cracly and will be replaced soon.
//////////////check the CF card slot to see if the pins are all ok and not bent.
My plan now is to find a VFD display for it because they are just something something smnk .

Spite all this i love the 1000, love it, the upgrades repairs can be done slowly ,

the 1000 Its tiny, i learned alot built a library with and made many beats on it ,i can bag it, take it and sample other peoples rare and expensive synths.
By aelita Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 am
Looks nice Jojo ;-) thX*
Finaly got mine and i´m happy to say that i don`t have to service it straight away at least!
Might be even more than 10 years old actually; it´s a blue model...
:)