MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JeriKo Jackson Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:12 am
In my keygroup I was assigning some aftertouch modulation to the filter. The aftertouch was not responding the way I was used to on the 1k. I must admit I haven't used it at all as I have been using my keyboard. I noticed on my unit that if I go to Settings > Hardware and strike and press the pad that the aftertouch does not engage right away. If hit, hold and slowy increase the pressure, nothing happens. I must release some pressure and then the aftertouch responds as it should. This makes aftertouch more or less unuseable for modulating internal samples from the pads.

Does everyone's aftertouch respond this way?

EDIT: Got it behaving better. I had to really tweak the pad sensitivity settings.
By Bezo Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:02 pm
I think I use the B Curve sensitivity and thought aftertouch responded fine. I keep it off though to prevent unwanted automation, until I actually need it.
By Al Yeska Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:18 pm
It would be beautiful if these settings could be set to programs instead of a universal. My kyoto plays differently than a Rhodes and basslines