Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By classytouch Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:26 pm
What's up party people,

I've hovered around this forum for year and have decided it's time to post up. I've been rockin different Mpc's (1000's, 2000xl's, 2500's) for more than a decade now and have recently shifted into the realm of the Mpc 3000. The 3000 has completely changed my game and how I perceive Mpc's. There's so much to say about the last Linn Mpc.....There is a magic in these 3000 or at least mines.....Not all 3000's sound the same.

It seems the 3000 has been talked to death here, and while the X and other digital MPC's have been taking over it'd be cool to know who's still rockin their 3k steady in 2018? I'm never selling mines.
By JUKE 179r Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:14 pm
I've always wanted a 3000 since the 90's and finally bought the 3000LE last year. Added Vailixi OS3.5 chips, a new blue LED screen and a CF card reader.
Shit is still DOPE AF!
By classytouch Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:06 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:I've always wanted a 3000 since the 90's and finally bought the 3000LE last year. Added Vailixi OS3.5 chips, a new blue LED screen and a CF card reader.
**** is still DOPE AF!

Extra dope! Crazy as it sounds I love the "restrictions" it presents, it puts you in a different mode. The CF card reader is a game changer! I've been getting busy daily on mines. I have yet to replace my screen though, I love that blue toothpaste glow! I'll swap it out eventually.

It's not what yo use but how you use it right? It's far from dated in my opinion.

@JUKE 179r what do you like most about your 3k?
By classytouch Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:56 pm
Wal Martian wrote:I still use mine, mostly for MIDI sequencing hardware modules. I replaced the backlight, fixed a cracked circuit board and upgraded to Vaillixy 3.5.

Nice, are you still programming drums on it at all? How's the backlight upgrade? Replacing the backlight is different from replacing the screen right? Does it retain the toothpaste glow?
By eno deggur Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:23 am
I still use mine til' this day. I am not letting mine go one bit. Love the sound and the way it sequences. I will be doing and releasing some projects later in the year evolving the use of 3000.
By classytouch Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:06 am
eno deggur wrote:I still use mine til' this day. I am not letting mine go one bit. Love the sound and the way it sequences. I will be doing and releasing some projects later in the year evolving the use of 3000.

Nice! Yea, the sonic's are something special! Drop a link in here when its out!
By LoopTheCrook Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:09 am
classytouch wrote:Not all 3000's sound the same.

can you please explain that???
mp3k is not like tr808 or somehing

classytouch wrote: ... and other digital MPC's

all mpcs are digital... :D 3000 has the sound, no doubt but your terminology is all over the place
By classytouch Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:12 am
LoopTheCrook wrote:
classytouch wrote:Not all 3000's sound the same.

can you please explain that???
mp3k is not like tr808 or somehing

classytouch wrote: ... and other digital MPC's

all mpcs are digital... :D 3000 has the sound, no doubt but your terminology is all over the place

I currently have two (2) 3k's one Classic and one LE, and they don't sound the same, their inputs/outputs don't sound the same. My classic sounds warmer, I'm under the impression the LE still needs to be broken in.

You're right, I should've used the word newer as I was referring to the newer Mpc's ( Touch, Live, X ). The 3k is a true Industry Standard. If you have the skills the 3k will elevate your sound.
By LoopTheCrook Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:58 pm
Honestly, i think what you’re hearing is age difference... maybe your classic was used a lot more. I’m not expert but I believe components are degrading meaning changing their tone/ character through time.
By Wal Martian Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:54 pm
classytouch wrote:
Wal Martian wrote:I still use mine, mostly for MIDI sequencing hardware modules. I replaced the backlight, fixed a cracked circuit board and upgraded to Vaillixy 3.5.

Nice, are you still programming drums on it at all? How's the backlight upgrade? Replacing the backlight is different from replacing the screen right? Does it retain the toothpaste glow?

Yes I sequence drums and synths/keyboards with it. The replaced backlight is just like the original one it glows blue when it's on.
By classytouch Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:58 pm
LoopTheCrook wrote:Honestly, i think what you’re hearing is age difference... maybe your classic was used a lot more. I’m not expert but I believe components are degrading meaning changing their tone/ character through time.

I agree, that's what I meant by "needs to be broken in" The tone of my classic is mega!
By classytouch Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:03 pm
Nice, are you still programming drums on it at all? How's the backlight upgrade? Replacing the backlight is different from replacing the screen right? Does it retain the toothpaste glow?[/quote]
Yes I sequence drums and synths/keyboards with it. The replaced backlight is just like the original one it glows blue when it's on. [/quote]

Nice, yea the sequencer on it is impressive. I love that blue glow, I'm going to stick with my OG screen for now. How many synths/keyboards are you running? I have two modules I'm running. I tried to connect a MicroKorgS to midi out 3 but it just didn't work, maybe I'm not doing something right there.
By eno deggur Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:04 pm
classytouch wrote:
eno deggur wrote:I still use mine til' this day. I am not letting mine go one bit. Love the sound and the way it sequences. I will be doing and releasing some projects later in the year evolving the use of 3000.

Nice! Yea, the sonic's are something special! Drop a link in here when its out!

Indeed the sound of it is amazing making it sonically sound good. Will do sir on the link.