For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By richie Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:34 pm
The output cable on the console has a Left and Right channel , so he just sampled it.
By BColon Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:34 pm
But what would you need to get the audio to run through to your computer?

I plug both channels in and set my Numark PT01 USB portable turntable and set it as Input but it does nothing!

By Lampdog Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:44 pm
U need a multi channel mixer.

input 1 and 2 for your turntable.
input 3 and 4 can be for your game console.

I have recorded lots of ps4 audio. ps4 hdmi -> tv -> tv out red/white -> audio interface
or I can use tv optical digital out to my audio interface.
By Lampdog Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:14 pm
Mixer outputs to MPC/whatever... for sampling.
By Lampdog Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:16 pm
For me my audio interface has many ins/outs, I can route any port to any other port. I patch my audio route wherever I want it to go. Patchbay feature.
By Lampdog Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:53 pm
Yes, it can certainly get the job done.
By peterpiper Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:09 pm
You might not need a mixer. Think about what Lampdog said after this hint. He does it with the TV in between so the HDMI goes to the TV and from there you can for example use the headphone output of the TV to connect it with your audio in on the computer. Another way is the way you already describe: You run thru the PT01 USB.
Since this havn't work you probably use a wrong cable or so. In this case we need to know a bit more about your setup. Which console? what cable did you use?
Also interesting would be which soundcard you have (do you have an external audio interface?) and which TV do you have (maker/model)

peace
By Lampdog Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:43 am
Also, I have a home theater system. Pioneer SC-35. I can use headphone/speaker out as well. If you have a reciever between tv and ps4 you can go that route also.
By mr_debauch Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:12 pm
I have sometimes recorded the audio output or sometimes even used a field recorder and recorded it from in the room...
By BColon Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:04 am
Okay, I have a HP pavilion laptop I have usb port adapter, ther I have my pc studio black, my numark pt01 usb turntable and an old m-audio fast track. I tried to use my gamecube by connecting the red/white wires directly to the turntable.