Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By dazastah Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:01 am
I'm still unclear how your specific setup goes.. (what is sequenced motif or samples in mpc software, what is triggering the motif,(note repeat or a midi note from the software or a midi note via a mpc pad)

HAve you tried the same issue with another daw? The reason for it's delay would probably be syncing.. (if the audio in the mpc software is delayed then the midi would have to be delayed with it, or the midi would be triggering before the audio.. ) From what your saying it sounds like the midi is delaying longer than it should ? Note repeat also works from the software daw clock.. I dont think it's internal away from the software.. For syncing reasons...
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:57 pm
Is it anything to do with the Latency Adjust parameter in the MPC Software Preferences/Audio?

That changes with different buffer size settings.
By turnstile Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:28 pm
My setup is simple. I am running the REN with the stand alone software. So not using any DAW. The Motif ES8 is my master keyboard, and is plugged into my Mac Mini via USB. The REN is plugged into my Mac Mini via USB as well. I am monitoring audio out via a mixer which the Motif, REN and my other synths are plugged into. I input all parts via the Motif keyboard. Current project is as follows:

Track 1 - Abbey Road Modern Drums (VST Plug-In)
Track 2 - Waldorf Blofeld [Hook]
Track 3 - Motif ES [Bass]
Track 4 - Motif ES [Pad #1]
Track 5 - Motif ES [Pad #2]
Track 6 - TAL-U-NO-LX (VST Plug-In)
Track 7 - SE ATC-1 [Chorus Bass]

** Regarding the latency settings in the Audio Settings tab, I can understand why these settings would effect the MIDI, however Ive worked on both ProTools and Logic and both do not exhibit this behavior.
By dazastah Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:39 pm
ahh got it now..

So the tracks where you have them set as midi motif patches have lag(and delay).. Because you also have local turned on. You would be hearing the local triggering the patch, then the midi assignment playing in mpc software playing the same patch.. (the latter being the delay)

@simon i've always wondered what the hell that latency adjust figure is... Maybe try and mess with that Turnstile.. Purposely set your buffer high(1024) And then change the latency adjust value to something low like 50 ?? just to see if it changes anything?
By turnstile Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:07 pm
dazastah wrote: Maybe try and mess with that Turnstile.. Purposely set your buffer high(1024) And then change the latency adjust value to something low like 50 ?? just to see if it changes anything?

Yes I've done this as per an earlier reply to you. It does effect the latency of the MIDI so at 1024 the MIDI delay is horrible while 128 is near un-detectable. I guess Im just not use to working with 'plug-ins' as instruments sources. I came from sequencing on all hardware synths on an MPC 4k, then dumping all those tracks into Pro Tools to mix.

Thanks for all the replies.
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:28 pm
turnstile wrote:
dazastah wrote: Maybe try and mess with that Turnstile.. Purposely set your buffer high(1024) And then change the latency adjust value to something low like 50 ?? just to see if it changes anything?

Yes I've done this as per an earlier reply to you. It does effect the latency of the MIDI so at 1024 the MIDI delay is horrible while 128 is near un-detectable.

We are talking about a different setting.

There is the Audio Buffer Size setting, which affects the audio buffer size, and therefore how much audio latency there is through the software.

There is also a second setting that seems to relate to latency somehow, called Latency Adjust.

Maybe try the Audio Buffer Size at both 1024 and 128, but with Latency Adjust set to 0, and see if/how that affects MIDI latency.
By turnstile Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:56 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:
turnstile wrote:

Yes I've done this as per an earlier reply to you. It does effect the latency of the MIDI so at 1024 the MIDI delay is horrible while 128 is near un-detectable.

We are talking about a different setting.

There is the Audio Buffer Size setting, which affects the audio buffer size, and therefore how much audio latency there is through the software.

There is also a second setting that seems to relate to latency somehow, called Latency Adjust.

Maybe try the Audio Buffer Size at both 1024 and 128, but with Latency Adjust set to 0, and see if/how that affects MIDI latency.

Will give that a try however I believe it is directly 'tied' to the buffer settings. I say this as when you change the buffer, the latency number changes accordingly.

My problem is Im not use to using plug-in instruments with hardware. Which I believe is why I've never saw this before. It makes sense if Im using a plug-in for my drums, when the buffer settings are changed it has to offset all other instruments (to whatever latency the plug-in has caused). Which if your recording in MIDI from a hardware device is going to be bad if such plug-in causes considerable latency.
By Nubian Mindz Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:08 am
I'm having some midi issues as I incorporate more hardware alongside the Ren. I think it has something to do with running the Ren through Reaper via Rearoute. In there somewhere lies the reason for the midi drift that occurs after a couple minutes of a song playing.

I will do a test later of just using the ren through its own interface and sync it up to my hardware (Nord Lead/Korg Triton/MPC500) to see what happens.
By aarmsiggar Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:21 pm
i know the Thread starts a long time ago. but in case someone else had similar problems with his Motif..i can only talk for Yamaha Motif Rack XS in combination with a Steinberg mr816 . For this combination the drivers are called "Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver"

inside this driver package there is a "YSFWUtility".

this fixed that problem for me if you got anything similar... check this out..

cheers
By Poptik Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:08 pm
This sounds similar to some problems I'm having so if anyone can provide advice appreciated.

MPC Renaissance Standalone mode
Triggering internal drum and Roland TR8 via midi notes (not midi clock)
Still the notes of MPC sound out of time to the TR8
Both going into soundcard then Logic then soundcard speakers

might just get a MPC 4000 and a mixer? :nod:
By wilcofan Thu May 10, 2018 12:38 pm
I noticed with MPC 2.2 software last night the latency with external MIDI gear.

What's happening is the MPC software (like Reaper) subjects the outgoing MIDI to same delay as the audio buffer setting. Means if you have a high buffer setting on your soundcard, the MIDI to external gear will also have this high buffer.

Reaper I know does this so that MIDI can be pre-processed and it's a design decision. I'm disappointed MPC software cannot send the MIDI external down immediately like so many other DAW.
By serano Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:22 pm
To be clear how your doing this, are you saying your playing a patch with the keyboard on the motif, then routing the midi back to the es8(motif midi out to ren midi in ,, ren midi out to motif midi in thus using software or the mpc app to cause the routing back into the motifes8) OR you are using the usb connection from both the motif and the ren to transmit midi...