Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Rokgod Sat May 19, 2018 8:48 pm
If you have a somewhat newer OSX be very careful when buying an MPC TOUCH.

It simply does not work on a new OSX and never will because the Display Driver updates don't come from Akai themselves. So you may be stuck with a worthless Touch for months upon months because we never know when an update is coming because unfortunately Akai has no control over that. They need to work within a timeframe that works for the DisplayLink company which is completely insane because there are no set time periods for updates with the Display and Akai has no power in updating their own product. So if you buy an MPC touch, not only do you have to wait for Akai bring the update, you need to wait for Akai to wait for Display Link to wait for Apple which is a joke when all the driver does is simply show the mpc display. So have fun guys, anyone on a new osx will always have a blank screen on your touch for months.
By Bezo Mon May 21, 2018 2:03 pm
And the employees on their community site insist the Touch is not approaching legacy status.

I'm still on Sierra, but my Touch is on the sidelines for other reasons, stepping in only when I need to bang out drums & percussion. What once was supposed to be the center of my workflow is now an expensive pad controller.
By Rokgod Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:58 am
I can't buy any new akai products anymore, this is ridiculous. These guys make obsolete products before they even drop. Products dont work, have bugs, updates to add basic features that should of have been there out the box. Touch, Live, X, all trash and waste of money. I can scoop a 2500 or 4000 and never have a problem. This company does not know how to make products that run on a computer. The design of the new products are horrendous. All around great features and tons of them, but designed poorly, workflow is in the stone age for the type of hardware and software we are presented with. Mpc software starting to feel like Cool Edit Pro while everyone else using Protools, Logic, etc.. Back to the real MPCS for me. Also the touch screen on all the new models are useless, all they do is slow down the workflow because none of the menus or features are implemented logically. So for the lack of consideration for their customer, on their behalf, F You Akai!!!! file for bankruptcy, your days are numbered when it comes to making reliable rock solid quick workflow sequencer/samplers. You probably have the worst products on the market now. I been producing, composing, and scoring for over 15 years and take it from me, dont **** with any of these new Akai Products ppl, trust me, Unless you like being robbed the legal way. You got companies that are straight rookie to this groove box market and their products are blowing your shit out of the ocean, who the **** is running things? Who's your lead developer? Project Manager? Designer? Fire every one of them, they have failed and keep failing. SMH :Sigh: :vomit:
By Rokgod Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:03 am
You should STICKY this before more consumers fall victim and go buy a new mpc thinking they are going to get what they paid for. Which they never will, I've been waiting 6 years now for this MPC software to develop, and I tell you, nothing but trash, I feel the same way the first few months I had that POS Renaissance. STILL waiting for them to get things right. I got grey hair now and the product is still sh!t... r u serious Akai? You guys getting paid minimum wage? Bc thats what shows in the result of your product. Also, dont even bother calling their headquarters, these arrogant dudes have their heads up their ass and dont know anything. Ive been on the phone with Akai and the employee just kept rudely interrupting me as if I was a complete idiot, but the dude had no clue about anything SMH
By Rokgod Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:06 am
I got on the phone once and the Akai guys is telling me this is the problem, this is your problem, do this to troubleshoot, etc... and Im like bro, calm down, I been done everything you just told me to do 10 times and your product doesn't work. And then he blames it on another company, and he's like you have a new OSX thats the problem, thats the problem, and I'm like no its not you dumbass. Nothing but frustration, hung up the phone, hours later fixed the problem myself because whoever was at Akai simply gave up and said its not going to work. Well guess what, I got the shit to work after hours and your customers help/service are retards.
By Nick D Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:24 pm
Hello MPC Touch users!

Nick D here from the Akai Pro forum dropping in to spread some great news - The MPC Touch will be fully functional with Apple's upcoming operating system, macOS Mojave 10.14! The DisplayLink bug introduced in macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 has since been fixed by Apple and full functionality has been restored for the MPC Touch including display, touch panel, and audio/MIDI functions.

Please refer to the following link for more information regarding Akai Pro product compatibility with the Mojave operating system!

macOS Mojave 10.14 and iOS 12 Support for Akai Pro Products

Thank you!
By molch Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:55 am
Nick D wrote:Hello MPC Touch users!

Nick D here from the Akai Pro forum dropping in to spread some great news - The MPC Touch will be fully functional with Apple's upcoming operating system, macOS Mojave 10.14! The DisplayLink bug introduced in macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 has since been fixed by Apple and full functionality has been restored for the MPC Touch including display, touch panel, and audio/MIDI functions.

Please refer to the following link for more information regarding Akai Pro product compatibility with the Mojave operating system!

macOS Mojave 10.14 and iOS 12 Support for Akai Pro Products

Thank you!

already wrote in another thread. my mac (early 2011) is not supportet anymore and cant update do mojave. the problems goes on and i cant use the touchdisplay from my mpc.
By Bezo Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:52 pm
I was lucky enough to find about about the displaylink issue before updating my OS.

However, I had a different display issue where it stopped responding to touch. Working in the software or with buttons/knobs on the hardware, no problem, display worked fine.

Cost me the difference, but I "upgraded" to the Live as I lost faith in the Touch. What happens with the next compatibility issue? What happens to folks like Molch who have CPUs not compatible with the newer OS? Had I not just redone my studio and added a MBP along with the Touch, I'd be on a 2010 iMac.

I know folks are unhappy with Akai regarding this and maybe the lack up updates, but their customer service was on point in my case. Molch, especially you, try contacting support to see if they'll work something out for you.
By molch Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:24 pm
Bezo wrote:I was lucky enough to find about about the displaylink issue before updating my OS.

However, I had a different display issue where it stopped responding to touch. Working in the software or with buttons/knobs on the hardware, no problem, display worked fine.

Cost me the difference, but I "upgraded" to the Live as I lost faith in the Touch. What happens with the next compatibility issue? What happens to folks like Molch who have CPUs not compatible with the newer OS? Had I not just redone my studio and added a MBP along with the Touch, I'd be on a 2010 iMac.

I know folks are unhappy with Akai regarding this and maybe the lack up updates, but their customer service was on point in my case. Molch, especially you, try contacting support to see if they'll work something out for you.

thanks for reply. i sold my mpc touch on ebay and will probably buy a new mpc live :?